Spitfire

Breeze

That one does look good but I think a number of people are using this.  Its free.  try it and if it doesn't suit then go for the payware one.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/47097-supermarine-spitfire-mk-ix/

Ohh that’s exciting as it’s free.

i saw the flight and fun YouTube video for the flyingiron version and was very nearly sold! 

But I have a rather expensive spitfire and “Red arrows” Hawk in DCS World which are lovely to fly.

I brought the Just flight Hawk for xplane which is great, but not quite as good as dcs. But it is still wonderful to fly around Orbx TEGB South, down the Solent or through the Mach loop. 

Ill report back back and say how the free Spitfire compares to the DCS model. It would be glorious to fly over the fields of my home town in a Spit.

Unfortunately The 'Flyingiron' version is not free however there is a free version by 'DomHenry' that's very good, also at .org.  The payware version is still a bit of a handful to fly while the free version is quite docile. 

So wow I tried the free one. 

It is really nice to fly something like this and is a joy to fly over orbx goodwood, it works in vr nicely, sounds great and feels heavy as you turn her, she feels quick underfoot but with a decent amount of weight, if that makes sense. She is quite a moderate handful but still ok to just chuck around without worrying too much.

A lot of the switches and dials are flat in the cockpit and she is a little flat compared to the flyingiron one (which I have only seen in a video).

The problem is that it has made me want the flyingiron one even more now for more fidelity. So when/if I get it I’ll report back. But the free one is almost what I would classify as payware.

9 hours ago, Meabeachboy said:

So wow I tried the free one. 

It is really nice to fly something like this and is a joy to fly over orbx goodwood, it works in vr nicely, sounds great and feels heavy as you turn her, she feels quick underfoot but with a decent amount of weight, if that makes sense. She is quite a moderate handful but still ok to just chuck around without worrying too much.

A lot of the switches and dials are flat in the cockpit and she is a little flat compared to the flyingiron one (which I have only seen in a video).

The problem is that it has made me want the flyingiron one even more now for more fidelity. So when/if I get it I’ll report back. But the free one is almost what I would classify as payware.

Thanks!  Haven't had a chance to try the freeware version yet but I'm afraid that will happen to me too.  I'll end up wanting the FlyingIron one.  This weekend hopefully I'll get a chance to try the freeware version.

Archived