TE and Mac?

Hello,

it already is available.

You will see this on the Orbx Direct product pages.

As we do not currently have a version of FTX Central available for Linux or MacOS, you will see a CROSS-PLATFORM DOWNLOAD option in your account. This is a simple zip that you can extract into X-Plane 11 in the meantime until FTX Central is available for those other platforms.

Hi. The story continues.  As per the forum, I need to 

"download Convert.cmd, placing it into X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos\textures    (for TE GB South) and then running it as an Administrator".

I wonder how I can execute the command? I have looked on internet, have Terminal, but cannot get to 'the next level' and start verifying/converting the JPEG files.

Can you help please?

37 minutes ago, Schollema said:

Hi. The story continues.  As per the forum, I need to 

"download Convert.cmd, placing it into X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos\textures    (for TE GB South) and then running it as an Administrator".

I wonder how I can execute the command? I have looked on internet, have Terminal, but cannot get to 'the next level' and start verifying/converting the JPEG files.

Can you help please?

20 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Sorry I can't, as I do not have Mac.

Hopefully someone who does will be able to tell you what to do.

If I recall correctly, you do not need to download convert.cmd.  The scenery folder you download from orbx includes a file ( mac conversion) which you simply click on to run it to convert the jpg files to dds files in the textures folder.  Takes a long time.  Hope this helps.  Cheers.

Hello again,

these images seem to me to explain exactly what to do (apart from the typos)  and I see that you asked the same question

in the topic where they are.

Which part do you not understand and perhaps Frank can tell you what to do.

Screenshot 2019-02-11 at 16.27.51.jpeg

Screenshot 2019-02-09 at 23.16.45.jpeg

Hi. I have re-downloaded GB South (cross platform download) and I see that I miss some files, i.e. the Mac_1 conversion file and the Mac_2_cleanup file.

What I have is the nvcompress-osx file, but that is of no use.

Can you tell me where to find these files or send them please? Regards, Bert

18 hours ago, Schollema said:

Hi. I have re-downloaded GB South (cross platform download) and I see that I miss some files, i.e. the Mac_1 conversion file and the Mac_2_cleanup file.

What I have is the nvcompress-osx file, but that is of no use.

Can you tell me where to find these files or send them please? Regards, Bert

For now I have 1 thing to say: the script I have found.  And...it does not work. This is the result. And no action.

I am sorry to have gone through this trouble, and it cost me the price of...no new scenery. I am disappointed.

I will perhaps have to wait for a true MAC version.

Regards, Bert

And it does not work.image.png.730c9478b73cfabd8aa0e37227f88fa8.png

10 hours ago, Schollema said:

I am disappointed.

I will perhaps have to wait for a true MAC version.

Hi Bert

Please don't give up as this really is a true Mac version that does work. I have it running perfectly on the Mac version of X-Plane on a 2014  27" 5k Retina iMac. The resulting scenery is jaw dropping and even on my now rather ageing Mac very reasonable on frame rates - except over London!

The download and install was a little convoluted and in my case took well over 24 hours to uncompress TE South. Hopefully someone will be able to sort out what is going wrong.

• 2 months later...

Hi. Some time ago I thought I had the right action to finish installation for ORBX South England. Turns out I hadn't. I have downloaded the file (26Gb) and decompressed the ZIP to my temporary file on disc. image.png.91e0d4616f91832f0020a0d63bd7d5c8.pngThis gives a 'genreral error, after which I can unpack. BUT: I miss some files now: the Mac_1 and Mac_2 conversion commands to be put in Terminal. Hence: no conversion is possible. Would you have any help or tips available please? Running under newest version of IOS on a MAC. OR: maybe the files for MAC conversions are available as a separate download??

I have got things working now. Please disregard previous message. It seems my UNZIP programme caused the conversion files to disappear. I have used another unzip programme...et voila. Process is underway now, curious about results in due time.

Archived