Removing airport objects

I have ORBX CRM region installed.  I am attempting to install a payware KBIL airport.  After the installation I have overlapping objects at the airport from both sceneries.  How do I disable or remove the ORBX objects?  I have tried disabling BGL files and adjusting the scenery order but that always results in elevation issues.  Thanks!

50 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

HI

Try disabling the files in the below image, install your payware KBIL airport, then run the Vector AEC tool.

KBIL.PNG

Thanks for the help.  I did previously try this.  The add on airport is correct with no double objects but is sitting on a big ugly flat plateau.  

47 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Does it look any different if you disable AEC?

Yes the airport, taxiways, and runways are sunk into the ground.  Basically for the elevation to be correct I have to have all the ORBX BGL’s enabled and AEC enabled.

But then I just have the overlapping airport objects.  I thought there would be an easy way just to disable the objects but maybe it is more complicated then I had first thought.

Hello,

Orbx airports work like this.

1. They have an "AFCAD" that tells them where to be.

2. They have a "CVX" file which excludes the default version and adds various polygons.

3. They usually have a third "Objects" file that contains the scenery objects.

4. If they are at a different elevation to the default airport, they will also have an elevation adjustment file

which will always be in scenery\world\scenery.

If you wish to remove an Orbx airport, you will need to search for and find all of the files.

Do not however remove any files from the Vector folder, instead enable or disable AEC as required.

Here is an image of what you must do first before trying to make your other addon work.

Click to enlarge

1.jpg

I would suggest that you also start with Vector AEC disabled.

Archived