GPU importance.

FILOU

Not a very useful comparison, no? I mean, comparing the GTX-970 with 3.5GB VRAM and 512MB utterly slow additional RAM to a GTX-2080Ti with 11GB VRAM is like comparing a Fiat 500 to a Ferrari Enzo. You would get equally extreme results if you compare the i9-9900K shown in the video with the i3-4100 (also from 2014, such as the 970).

4 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Not a very useful comparison, no? I mean, comparing the GTX-970 with 3.5GB VRAM and 512MB utterly slow additional RAM to a GTX-2080Ti with 11GB VRAM is like comparing a Fiat 500 to a Ferrari Enzo. You would get equally extreme results if you compare the i9-9900K shown in the video with the i3-4100 (also from 2014, such as the 970).

Hello.

For those who would only like to change the CPU thinking that their GPU is good enough, it's for me something very useful.Dnd what is not useful for you can be useful for someone else.

The GPU is very important, absolutely.

But there are many things you can do inside and outside XP11 to get much better FPS. For instance it looks like the guy in the video is running very overcast weather. That alone will account for a big FPS hit versus not using Active Sky and just setting weather to Scattered with a single layer of Cumulus and no Cirrus.

He could have set World Objects to Max, leave AA at 2X and then increased the SuperSampling to 1.2 or 1.3, a better balance and clearer VC gauges.

Finally he could use a few LUA scripts to keep his FPS always at 45 inside VR.

Yes I did not think the GPU was so important and that's why I shared this video.My English is not good enough to understand everything this person says but it seems to me that he has put all the sliders to the maximum voluntarily to show the difference.

I'm not in this case but I could have made the mistake easily of buying the latest processor and keep my old graphics card.There is something that I don't quite understand with the Scripts available.Why if they are so beneficial they are not directly introduced in XP by default.

I did not want to blame you, FILOU, the thing I wanted to underline is the fact that whatever software you use for such a test, it will Show that "a GPU is important" in almost 99% of the cases simply due to the fact that the GPUs compared in the video are soooo different regarding their performance.

Je m'excuse, tous ce que j'ai voulait dire c'est: la difference entre le GTX-970 et le RTX-2080Ti est enorme. SI vous utilisez pour un tel test deux GPU, il montrera que "un GPU est important" dans près de 99% des cas simplement parce que les GPU comparés dans la vidéo sont si différents en termes de performance.

With P3d v 4 I noticed a significantly clearer view when using VR after upgrading my GPU from a GTX 980 to a 1080Ti i.e. textures were less often blurred although the average framerate was only slightly better.

Archived