Problem with city lights..

Andrea Gullino

hello, like default version and others addson (enanched lights) for example, the lights distance are very poor...i can see lights only for a radius of 10/20 km maximun.

this is very unrealistic as you can see in the 2 screenshots...i think the problem is about auto gen, because the software loads objects in blocks...in the day time you dont perceive it...but in the night time is very bad! as i was saying before, the problem is the autogen...because all objects( like landmarks) you can see them in 100km of distace! i made a test with Overlay editing. i put thousand of lamps in the real cities following the photoreal in the my region in italy..and i have excluded with a poligon every light else (default and enanched)...and have a look the result in the last 4 photos..you can see city lights very far...

i hope orbx will try to improve the night enviroment because is very poor right now,....also about types of lights...because are all the same...yellow..no led at all..

12.jpg

23.jpg

12.jpg

14.jpg

61387490_X-Plane2019-01-2210-10-18.jpg.15da7e43e0896e5837ed0019016d62cd.jpg

683241530_X-Plane2019-01-2123-22-33.jpg.d58ad47859427fbce8a2b8a18a117d56.jpg

@Larry_R @Andrea Gullino

My understanding is that the FTX Light Configurator is not XPlane compatible, at least it is not listed as XP compatible if you look at what sims it is compatible with on the product page.. Maybe the list needs updating since  the Light Configurator has been around for years but XP is new to Orbx.

Archived