Question for P3Dv4 ORBX HD trees users

Mikelab6

Hi,

I know ORBX HD trees replaces some dds files (file name starting with veg)  located in P3DV4\Scenery\Global\texture folder.   ORBX files are at 683KB.

Could you please tell me how many 683 KB files do you have in that folder ? dds files names starting with veg.  (veg.....dds)

I am troubleshooting my HD trees installation and need to know if it looks ok.  I have 38 veg...dds files at 683 KB  What,s yours ?

Thanks !

@Pegaso OK thanks for you time !  My installation looks fine.

@BradB After reading about another user having some problems with his HD trees installation, I checked mine and ran files check in FTX Central, and 5 new files have been added to that folder, so I was wondering if some other files were missing after my P3D4.4 Content update.

I think now, it looks good.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I also have the impression that some "HD trees" I see in P3D 4.4 are not really HD. It seems to me that the installer unpacks the files to several subfolders in ORBX\Scrips\FTXtreesHD, but then some don't get copied to scenery\global.

For instance, all FTXAU_*.dds files in the latter folder have a size of 174 kB while the files in the ORBX\Scrips\FTXtreesHD\ORBX_AGN_new folder are 700 kB large. Also, the ORBX_EU_AGN_TREES.bgl in Scenery\global\scenery is from 12.04.2013 while the one in the ORBX.. folder is from 21.03.2015 and a little smaller (which makes sense as the removed some geometry in the trees HD product).

In my opinion, someone from the ORBX staff should have a second look at this.

I have to apologize, as I was wrong about not seeing the HD trees.

After comparing screenshots with the HD texture sheets I'm now convinced that everything is OK. This closer look revealed that even the thin blue lines at the edge of the trees (seen by others too) have gone now - might have been a shader or driver issue.

7 hours ago, Meerkat said:

I have to apologize, as I was wrong about not seeing the HD trees.

After comparing screenshots with the HD texture sheets I'm now convinced that everything is OK. This closer look revealed that even the thin blue lines at the edge of the trees (seen by others too) have gone now - might have been a shader or driver issue. 

Hi Marcus,

I'd be interested to know if others also no longer see the thin blue edge on the trees in P3D 4.4. The LM guys have been aware of this problem but implied that there was no simple fix. Maybe they did in fact fix it, in which case I'll bet they would be happy to hear that we noticed. :)

Archived