ESSA - Night Frame Rate Problem

galeair

Firstly, thank you for your excellent products, which I would not wish to do without now, and for the recent upgrades and Sode jetways.

I'm using P3dV4.4 with Orbx Global, Norway and ESSA, amongst other Orbx sceneries and the latest NVIDIA driver 417.71 with an ASUS 1080 graphics card. All Orbx products are up to date. Windows 10 is up to date.

When I first loaded up the latest ESSA I had flashing roofs and strange effects. I uninstalled ESSA, deleted the ESSA folder in ORBX and then reinstalled and verified ESSA.

In daylight hours all works well and it looks very good, but when I switch to a dusk, dawn or night view, and move the aircraft to an ESSA gate, using P3d navigator, then the frame rates drop from 30 (locked) to around 7 and this is obviously unusable.

I have no problem at night at any other Orbx airport. If I delete all the extras, static aircraft etc using the control in FTX, including deleting the dynamic lighting then it makes no appreciable difference. If I turn off the P3d HDR lighting and change the graphics settings it makes no difference. If I uninstall and then reinstall and verify ESSA it makes no difference. 

However, if I move the aircraft to the runway at ESSA, at night, dawn or dusk, using the P3d navigator function, then the frame rates are 30, even if I am looking at the terminal buildings. Then if I move the aircraft to a gate using the navigator function, or taxi in,  the frame rates remain at 30. If I then change the time to another time at night dawn or dusk setting the frame rates drop to 7 again.

I use active sky, but it makes no difference whether the weather is on or off.

Any ideas?

The only thing that may cause night time to be heavy is the Dynamic Lighting.

Try disabling it in the P3D menu as well and see if it makes a difference. If you have Dynamic Lights on, you might want to consider to setting shadow quality to low, and reducing the drawing distance, that seems to heavily impact the dynamic lights.

If that doesn't help, maybe provide soom screenshots from night so I can see if there is something that is not working properly?

Cheers,

Marcus

• Doug Sawatzky changed the title to ESSA - Night Frame Rate Problem

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I turned off Dynamic Lighting in ESSA. No effect, frame rates still 5 or 6.

I turned off Dynamic Lighting in P3D as well, and the frame rates went back up to 30.

I then turned DL back on in ESSA and off in P3D and the frame rates remained at 30. I'm guessing if DL is switched off in P3D it doesn't matter whether or not its switched on in FTX.

I then turned DL back on in P3D and the frame rates as ESSA, with DL on, remained at 30, but only until Ultimate Traffic Live had populated the scenery with additional AI aircraft. Then the frame rates dropped. So its a combination of P3D dynamic lighting and my AI aircraft that seem to be the problem.

So I will have to operate without the additional effects of Dynamic lighting.

Cheers

Paul

Archived