Blurry scenery P3Dv4.4

RichP

I have a boat load of Orbx airports and regions which up until recently worked great.  All of a sudden, in the last week or so I'm starting to get blurry scenery and loss of autogen items.  I start off from any typical Orbx airport the scenery is as its supposed to be with my settings and after about 10 minutes in flight it all goes away...

I have a high end HP Envoy,  i7-8700 CPU, 3.8 GHZ, 32GB Ram, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti.  Running P3Dv4.4  Windows 10 up to date.   My settings are pretty much nearly maxed out, as they have been all along with no issues.  Tried lower frame rates down from unlimited, which again worked great until recently, down to 30 then 24, no help.  Ive read a few posts about P3D config file stuff, don't have a clue as to what or where that is.  Can't figure out why this started out of the blue unless its something in 4.4 with the PBR thing???  Anyway, I'm hoping someone has seen this and can lead me in the right direction to fixing the problem...

On 1/28/2019 at 7:41 PM, RichP said:

I have a boat load of Orbx airports and regions which up until recently worked great.  All of a sudden, in the last week or so I'm starting to get blurry scenery and loss of autogen items.  I start off from any typical Orbx airport the scenery is as its supposed to be with my settings and after about 10 minutes in flight it all goes away...

I have a high end HP Envoy,  i7-8700 CPU, 3.8 GHZ, 32GB Ram, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti.  Running P3Dv4.4  Windows 10 up to date.   My settings are pretty much nearly maxed out, as they have been all along with no issues.  Tried lower frame rates down from unlimited, which again worked great until recently, down to 30 then 24, no help.  Ive read a few posts about P3D config file stuff, don't have a clue as to what or where that is.  Can't figure out why this started out of the blue unless its something in 4.4 with the PBR thing???  Anyway, I'm hoping someone has seen this and can lead me in the right direction to fixing the problem...

I had some problems with the autogen (slow loading).

I fixed it with Nvidia Inspector:

most important: Texture filtering - Quality (I changed from High Performance to Quality) that worked

Frame Rate Limiter: 29.5 fps

in Prepar3d v4.4: autogen draw distance not fully maxed out

I've to test if High Quality will be even better.

Hi, Rich.  I'm no P3D guru by any means, but if you're running P3D with unlimited frame rate and Vsync on, it's been noted elsewhere on the AVsim P3D forum, that this is a perfect situation for things going blurry after a short time.  It doesn't seem to have to do with Orbx scenery at all, so perhaps the no response here.  Did you recently change your settings in P3D that could account for the sudden onset of blurries?

Update... adjusted settings to Orbx recommended, everything looks just perfect and doesn't fade away...  even though my rig is pretty high end, I still had it over maxed it seems.

I downloaded Nvidia inspector, gotta be honest I have no idea what im looking at with these two programs.  Cant seem to find anything that allows for adjusting texture to quality from high performance. BUT...thanks a bunch anyway for putting me on the right track!!!!!

Hi RichP,

Go to the Windows Task Manager and see if all CPU cores are selected.
Here's how in the figure below:

SeeAffiniteProcessor.thumb.png.ba38f16e5fb5cdc5a6ea5acf54e31d08.png

If they are not, check everyone and see the performance.

Then, as you would guarantee they will always be ticked, follow the instructions on this website:

http://www.gatwick-fsg.org.uk/affinitymask.aspx?SubMenuItem=utilties

Cheers,

Archived