Help! Satellite view gone, yellow oceans

I hope you can help me. This is how my "earth view" from space looks like since yesterday:

The planet:

3APMcMI.jpg

Scotland:

ZW2QsKl.jpg

NSW (different preset):

eBhOHQY.jpg

I did a "verify files" for Global, but that didn't change anything. I cleared the shaders of course and set up the default preset and the default sky textures, but this was no solution.

I don't even know how the affected files could be named, or what could have gone wrong in the first place.

On a side note, this doesn't only affect the satellite view, but also the edges of your horizon in flight, given that you are flying over water.

Cheers

Lars :(

Hello,

if your scenery library entry is still there, perhaps the default files are missing.

These are the default files

3.jpg

This is with Default Terrain active and those files present.

1.jpg

this is with Default Terrain disabled.

2.jpg

This is your screen shot

3APMcMI.jpg

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

These are the default files

3.jpg

Hi, the files you mention are present, but in scenery\world, and not in scenery\base. I moved these files over to scenery\base (except the traffic ones), and this is the result:

YnVP0xz.jpg

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me out, Nick. But I have a question left now: which entry in the scenery library ought to point to scenery\world? I have seen none and I'm sure scenery\world isn't there just for fun. Many other third party sceneries require you to move altitude correction files there.

Default Terrain points to Scenery\World.

If you had to move the files to Scenery\Base to see the image of the globe,

then you do not have a Default Terrain scenery library entry pointing to Scenery\World.

I can only offer you advice and information, I cannot oblige you to follow it.

7 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Default Terrain points to Scenery\World.

then you do not have a Default Terrain scenery library entry pointing to Scenery\World.

OK, one moment, please. I have a scenery entry that's called "Default Scenery" that points to scenery\base. I don't have an entry called "Default Terrain" that would be pointing to scenery\world. Should I create one?

10 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

I can only offer you advice and information, I cannot oblige you to follow it.

I do not understand why you are saying this.

Since you ask, in post 2, I wrote

Have you lost your Default Terrain scenery library entry?

In post 6 you replied

I checked this and no, I hadn't lost it. Could it have to do anything with terrain.cfg?

Now, in post 12, you reply

I don't have an entry called "Default Terrain" that would be pointing to scenery\world.

As implied in post 2, if you create the missing Default Terrain scenery library entry, make its target

Scenery\World and place it at the lowest point of your scenery library and then put back the files

that you chose to move to Scenery\Base\scenery, then your problem will be correctly fixed.

37 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

OK, I found on this site that there should be both in a scenery library, so I created one and all is perfect now. I didn't know that, and I particularly have no idea why my default terrain entry would vanish all of a sudden and for no apparent reason. Lorby-SI Addon Organiser? Other than that I have no clue.

Thank you very much again for your help. Without it had never found out what was wrong. And I really tried to follow your advice, I just tried other things in the meantime. And I was mixing up "Default Terrain" and "Default Scenery".

4 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

As implied in post 2, if you create the missing Default Terrain scenery library entry, make its target

Scenery\World and place it at the lowest point of your scenery library and then put back the files

that you chose to move to Scenery\Base\scenery, then your problem will be correctly fixed.

Which I did now! Excuse me, I was mixing up "Default Terrain" and "Default Scenery", probably because there was only one such entry in my library at that time!

Archived