Big Start for 2019

tennyson

2019 has kicked off in a big way for OZI, Ozsim International Airlines (my fictional airline).

We've gone through some real updates and upgrades over the past few months and finally we have tweaked and calibrated the heck out of the cockpit and the associated hardware.

I had an awesome Xmas, with lots of friends and family flying with me, all over the globe.

I've already completed the first few major flights and have several video's waiting in the wings. 2019 will feature our new tops and tails and newly developed graphics for my youtube channel.

Last year, we went over to 4K and use picture in picture to access all areas of the cockpit. I'm just awaiting a lavalier mike to arrive, for clearer voice-overs and our Intercom will be in use in the next few weeks.

But, the big news is our major upgrade this year. OZI will phase out the current 737-800Ng and will be flying a fully functional 737MAX 8 later this year.

It really is a major change. The current MIP will have to go, along with the main overhead. I've already bought the overhead frame and plan to start building that immediately. The pedestal and throttle will also undergo changes, to represent the real aircraft cockpit.

Even though Virgin are the only Australian Airline to order MAX's so far, I predict that they will be in plentiful supply in the next few years.

It also means new training and paperwork for the MAX, as many of the operating procedures have changed.

Avionics is a major part of the operation and we will be using the very latest Prosim suite, as soon as it launches.

We already have a new aircraft livery and logo's for the new aircraft model.

I'm really excited about the changes, as it means I'll be able to keep pace with the current aircraft, training, procedures, paperwork and carry that for a good many years.

I'm happy to keep posting here, on the progress of the operation and throw in a few video's and photo's of the progress, provided Nick or John Venema don't have any objections.

ORBX have always been great in accommodating my previous build updates, so I hope they don't mind if I do this one as well. 

So, that's the state of play, folks. Hope you can all get on board...haha, get the pun!

More news to follow,

Regards,

Frank

49652879_10205953481151978_4568033976580571136_n.jpg

Archived