Elevation problem in KEGE

alehead

I am running a fairly recent install of P3D V4.4 and am slowly getting all my sceneries back installed. KEGE is installed this evening to have a play and noticed a really weird plateau effect as if whole airport is floating above the terrain. The issue had already been raised in the forum by two other users, (signmanbob had a similar issue I believe). I have tried all the suggestions. FTX Central is set up to place the scenery entries at the very top of the library. I have searched for duplicate afcad files and there are none, as I have almost nothing else installed other than a couple of the 29 palms sceneries (only in Europe though).

This is signmanbob's post:

The screenshots in:

are pretty much what I am seeing in my setup of P3D V4.4, though I have no other meshes nor Vector installed.

I am at a real loss as to what to do, short of reformatting the drive, removing all the config files and so on, and then reinstalling from scratch, which is essentially what I did just after Christmas... I have spent more time installing stuff trying to get back where I was before 4.4 than I have actually using P3D... frustrated...

Andrew

Here you go Doug. Here ar 5 shots I grabbed last night. I slewed around to a few different points off the runway or viewed from the side of the aircraft. I have searched for a double afcad of some other scenery, but as you can see from the scenery.cfg, I only have a few other packages installed, namely European 29Palms airports...

Pic1.jpg

Pic2.jpg

Pic3.jpg

Pic4.jpg

Pic5.jpg

I am guessing it is something local, as there would have been many more reports of this on the forum if it were something on your end. I am just hoping I do not have to start over with a complete reinstall again... I already did this after finding an unresolvable issue in KGPI at the end of December...

Andrew

scenery.cfg

Thanks Andrew

I see your scenery.cfg does not contain a Default Terrain entry at the bottom as shown in the example image below. You will need to use the "Add Area" function in your in game scenery library and navigate to P3Dv4/scenery/World/Terrain and add this entry.

Then I would also recommend setting the scenery library insertion points in Orbx Central 3 as per the below instructions.

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Default Terrain.PNG

Thank you for looking into this and seeing what I obviously failed to notice. I really wonder what destroyed my scenery.cfg ... 

I have never seen anything do something to the default scenery entries.

One thing Indid notice with the install is that the scenery library entry point system has problems with the xml scenery installs, as it does not appear to see the entries that are greyed out in the list in P3D and cannot be moved...

Thanks again, to both Doug and Nick :)

Andrew

Archived