How to fully uninstall orbx completely from PC

twister

Hello Nick.  Thanks again.

I have now

1.  uninstalled all ORBX Scenery from FTX Central,

2.  in the FSX root folder, deleted the ORBX folder, and

3.  in C:\Users\raymond\AppData\Local folder, deleted the ORBX folder.

After this, I have run FSX (all scenery addons in the FSX Library Scenery un-enabled) using just the Default FSX Scenery.

The Default Scenery seems to have been altered, especially around coasts and where there is water. Did my original installing of ORBX Scenery change the default scenery in any way?

Ray

Hello Nick,

Do you mean using the ORBX products causes the the FSX default scenery to be changed and un-installing all the ORBX products leaves the FSX default scenery altered.  If this is so, can I recover the original FSX default scenery?

Ray

38 minutes ago, twister said:

Hello Nick,

Do you mean using the ORBX products causes the the FSX default scenery to be changed and un-installing all the ORBX products leaves the FSX default scenery altered.  If this is so, can I recover the original FSX default scenery?

Ray

Once uninstalled the Orbx changes should have disappeared.  Your sim should return to default FSX scenery.  Unless you have installed FTX Global in which case the original textures will have been overwritten.

Thank you Nick.  I will run a repair but First Jim Young has advised to watch out if I have run anything like Central/Northern Rockies or Pacific Fiords as Scenery/World/Scenery  needs manually installing.

Is this correct and where is Scenery/World/Scenery now that I have un-installed Orbx Completely ?

Nick, sorry. 

I'm confusing the issue.

Before I run the repair of FSX, I want to check the following:

I have, some years ago, run ORBX Central Rockies, Northern Rockies and Pacific Fiords from DVD's.  I have now completely un-installed ORBX.  Will this complete un-install have removed everything associated with these sceneries ?

Thanks for the help.

Ray

Hello Ray,

not necessarily.

There will almost certainly be elevation adjustment and traffic files in scenery\world\scenery.

You can easily search for them using the region's initials, CRM, NRM and PFJ,

then delete them.

There may be sound files in the sound folder, these will have no effect if left there.

There may be effects files in the effects folder, these will have no effect if left there.

There might even be textures in the textures folder, these will have no effect if left there.

Nick, thank you again for the prompt reply. 

Since I have no ORBX folders now, exactly where do I find scenery/world/scenery, and if I find this,

is this where I search for the regions initials, CRM, NRNM and PFJ ?

I see the following Scenery Areas in the FSX Scenery Library:

CHPROX_LANDMARKS
CHPROX_APTS
CHPROX_SCENERY
CHPROX_APTS_ELEV

CHPROX_APTS_D 

Are these anything to do with ORBX ?

Ray

Archived