Black texture on ground

uhntissbaby111

I just did a fresh reinstall of P3D 4.4 Have Global/LCEU/LCNA/GES installed, with KEGE and LOWI on top of that. I went for a spin at EGE and noticed that there are a few buildings that seem to be missing and instead have a black texture of where they should be. I went to LOWI and the everything looked fine until i took off and looked back at the airport, the airport buildings turned black. I attached an image. Any ideas? I made sure to update the libraries, and no luck. I'm running a 1080Ti if that helps

ORBX issue.png

I did some more playing around and managed to fix the issue with KEGE. I forgot to have my scenery complexity slider at MAX, once I bumped it up the missing buildings came back. However, the LOWI problem remains. It seems to only happen once I reach a certain height. As i climb the airport buildings turn black in the picture. Then when i descend they turn normal. Im trying to think what changed system wise since i last flew into LOWI on 4.3, but apart from updating my GPU driver everything else is the same.

I have the same phenomenon. From an altitude of approx. 8 - 10,000 feet, the airport buildings turn black. No shader rebuilt, even a new installation of the libraries and LOWI didn't help.
Incidentally, this also happens with other add-on airports, such as at DigitalDesign LOWS or 29Palms EDDN. This doesn't happen with default airports of the P3D.
Do other users have this problem, too?

2 hours ago, MikeFlight said:

I have the same phenomenon. From an altitude of approx. 8 - 10,000 feet, the airport buildings turn black. No shader rebuilt, even a new installation of the libraries and LOWI didn't help.
Incidentally, this also happens with other add-on airports, such as at DigitalDesign LOWS or 29Palms EDDN. This doesn't happen with default airports of the P3D.
Do other users have this problem, too?

Same, I’ve been testing all night and found that the problem extends to all of my 3rd party airports. Didn’t have this issue in 4.3

Do the textures appear if you pause the sim for a few moments? 

I have also just did a full clean install of P3Dv4.4 and am in the process of reinstalling everything and I have been testing all day so far and have not been able to replicate any of this. I have only experienced improvements in both performance and visuals.

8 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

I have also just did a full clean install of P3Dv4.4 and am in the process of reinstalling everything and I have been testing all day so far and have not been able to replicate any of this. I have only experienced improvements in both performance and visuals.

I will test today when I do a reinstall. I’m going to test the base install first, no addons. Then go one by one. Last night I noticed that the buildings went black earlier in external view than in VC. I also tried Robs fix by raising the texture load in the CFG, no luck 

27 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

No, they stay black. No matter how long I wait. As soon as I am deeper again, they gradually reappear.
Only the textures are missing, the buildings themselves are there, just black.

7 minutes ago, MikeFlight said:

No, they stay black. No matter how long I wait. As soon as I am deeper again, they gradually reappear.
Only the textures are missing, the buildings themselves are there, just black.

My exact problem. And it’s only airport buildings. All the other buildings, both autogen and custom, are fine

13 hours ago, uhntissbaby111 said:

Yeah, it seems that it’s the altitude that matters. If I stay close to the ground and look back, no black buildings. But once I climb above a couple thousand they go black 

Yes, that's what I mean.

Archived