SP3 installation query

Jon Clarke

I reported about texture flashing I am experiencing with certain FTX areas and with FTX addon -airports, and was asked if I have all SP3 version downloads. I really dont know is the answer !

I intend to reinstal ALL my FTX sceneries and need clarification regarding this SP3 topic.

Do I need to download the sceneries again (SP3 certified).. I thought that FTXAUSP3.001 and 3.001b installed into the files did the job of whatever SP3 is intended to do. Also if I redownload, do the latest downloads already include any SP that may have been available e.g I see i have FTX Blue & FTX Bue110_SP1 so will the new download include SP1?

As this will be a big job I want to make sure that I install absolutely everything i need to and in the correct sequence etc.

I would be most grateful for some advice/guidance.

if you have an account and are registered at the FlighSimStore site you have acces to download all your products in the SP3 version FREE OF CHARGE, you would need to re-install them

so to make it a bit easyer this is how you go about it :

1. switch fsX to default via the FTX control panel

2. DELETE the ORBX folder from you fsX folder

3. start re-installing the SP3 certified products

3a. Install order:

Regions

Airfields

Holgermesh

Freeware addons

OZx 3.0

SP3.001+SP3.001b

latest Library files

Resolved ! When I saw you mention Holger Mesh I immediately thought that I would check the Holger folder as my problem was definitely one of a layer clash. Well I only had 308KB in the folder... I was 251MB short !! Downloaded Holger and all is good.

Can you advise the Scenery Library priority settings, should all my airports and airfields be set above the regions folders and Holger at the bottom?

Archived