London

pks1414

I finally have everything running sweet as a nut, but I've noticed some of the buildings in London seem a very stark white/cream?? I'm not sure if that's correct? I would be interested to see anyone's screenshots so I can compare and see if it is something I've done (or haven't as the case may be) 

9 hours ago, pks1414 said:

I finally have everything running sweet as a nut, but I've noticed some of the buildings in London seem a very stark white/cream?? I'm not sure if that's correct? I would be interested to see anyone's screenshots so I can compare and see if it is something I've done (or haven't as the case may be) 

Submit your scenery ini. Sound very much like you don't have the correct layering sequence.

14 minutes ago, pks1414 said:

Here you go :)

scenery_packs.ini

Your ini looks OK but since you are referring to some buildings in London, I suggest you try placing the London Landmarks just below Global Airports and move your Chicago Landmarke to where your Las Vegas and Sydney Landmarks are. This will leave London Landmarks sitting just above your True earth but below Global airports.

Bar those changes I don't know what to suggest except submit a pic highlighting your specific buildings of concern so that others can see what you are referring to.

I did a London flight last night and don't think this happened to me (pretty sure I would have noticed).

I would speculate that you might be running out of texture memory, based on the buildings in the screenshots appearing to still be custom shapes (not autogen) but perhaps lacking textures.

In your X-Plane graphics settings, there's a slider for texture quality, and near that there's an indicator of how much texture memory is currently in use. You can compare that number to how much your graphics card has. Does that shed any light, and perhaps you could try turning the texture quality slider down?

@Chris Boyle HI. My pic confirms the white buildings and my Texture Quality setting is on maximum, just below No Compression, so i don't think that is the problem. It may be that it is the way it is. If you want to post a pic of your shot from around the Gherkin to compare then maybe we could get Orbx to take a look if your pic is the same as mine and @pks1414

@jjaycee1 For me at least, I see much the same as you:

Aerolite_103_7.thumb.png.f47815940ea41807d08f5edde249ad32.png

Flying up close to one:

Aerolite_103_16.thumb.png.5e94763a293b070cea8932ab30291a21.png

Here for comparison is Google imagery:

finsbury-circus-gearth.jpg.ee2d435f11ad59ead71bf72eba366718.jpg

So I guess there are a few buildings there with fairly generic textures after all, but they got the distinctive ones really accurate. So, opinions may vary but I for one am still very pleased with the detail level.

(And as soon as I can download a non-corrupt zip of Central, I'm sure I'll be very pleased with that too.)

Archived