Milford Sound freezes then shuts down

GrahamL

Since updating to P3D v4.4 NZMF freezes then shuts P3D down.

I have tried several different scinarios all with the same result.

For example, I can take-off and land with no problem provided I only stay on the runway - once I taxi to the apron it freezes and shuts down.

I have a stored flight which starts on the apron but with the same result once the aircraft starts to move - I have tried using different aircraft.     

All the moving objects are working as normal. 

I have unistalled and used my backup as well as a new download and install, ran AEC just in case, but the problem still exists.

I have also tried my ZNQN, LDDU, and others, and all are just fine. 

P3D V4.4 may not be the problem of course but do you have any suggestions please.

Thanks you

GrahamL

Hi Smudger, thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I can confirm that crash detect  was turned off, however, I renamed the current P3d.cfg file so it would be re-created and now all seems to be OK.

Why only 1 of my 14 ORBX airports should be affected by an entry in the P3d.cfg I have no idea. Have you ?

Please consider this topic as sorted, thanks again.

Graham

I had problems with various NZ components, generally when I purchased a new one and added it to the world. When I parked at the NZ airfields including Milford and Queenstown, the AC would sit there for a short time and then CTD.

NZ did it again for me when I went from P3D V4.2 to 4.3 (Client, Content and Scenery)

Following advice from here and over at Prepar3d I deleted my Shaders file. It rebuilds on next loading.

Worked for me. The first time I deleted the P3d.cfg file as well (bit of a pain to reconfigure the graphic settings). That may have fixed it. A rebuild of the Shaders folder was enough the second time.

By the way, I just transitioned from v4.3 to v4.4 (Client and Content only) and haven't had the problem so far. 

PS: just noticed you fixed it while I was typing this. Great :)

Archived