Is Vector locking up my system?

shermank

I am sending this message on my iPad,, because in the midst of Vector verification within FTXC, my desktop went black, and all click points in my task bar are dead. Pointing my cursor to any of them reveals a whirling circle, as if software is loading. Task Manager shows FTXC is running, and I do hear a continuous hard drive churn. 

I have tried to load explorer.exe  is Task Master, but there is no change. Here is a picture of my screens....now, according to Task Master, FTXC is currently using 537,908 kB of memory, with the number incrementally increasing. Thanks for your help.

sherm

2E9CF31F-3701-4151-9FA5-557A0DCB01C0.thumb.jpeg.bd8e472851a82fdba231544ca662299b.jpegn

Just minutes ago, the problem seems to have cured itself. My screens have returned to the normal desktop and I have access to the task bar icons, including Chrome, which has allowed me to post this add on. Still the question remains...is it normal for Vector and FTXC to lock up a computer as file verification is underway? fwiw, I have 16 gigs of memory...

Sherm

11 hours ago, shermank said:

is it normal for Vector and FTXC to lock up a computer as file verification is underway?

No it is not normal and there is more than likely an underlying cause that is not Vector.....the task of verifying Vector just exposed something else is wrong with your system.

thanks Doug,

I did manage to get Vector installed properly as well as verification and reinstallation of FTXGlobal and HD Trees as required for the new scenery element in v4.4. But, there are problems with my computer, which I am in the process of tracking down and repairing. Thanks for your help.I have yet to test fly the sim, but am about to do so today...if there are existing problems, I will be back...::-(

Sherm

Archived