scenery spikes near cykf and cykf Plateau

shermank

Hi everyone,

I have not seen scenery spikes since FSX, and never in P3D...Now, with v4.4 I have run into an area...I do not know whether this is ORBX related or perhaps I need to reinstall the P3D scenery. As per posted instructions from Elaine Dixon at P3D, I installed only the client element. Anyway, this is how things look...Thanks for any advice. btw, CYKF does not show up as a specific field.in Vector. or in world/scenery. 

Anyway, here is what I am seeing...all help as always appreciated...

Sherm2018-12-4_14-7-55-728.thumb.jpg.902610a33657fb5bcb77f9550b679fb5.jpg

Any help please. Since this post Monday 12/4 I posted this morning 12/5 in re a problem with verification of Vector. If you see that post, you will learn that the process seems to have locked my computer...not a happy camper today. :-(

Sherm   

Thanks Nick. I am using the Freemesh add ons...

Since posting, I have reinstalled vector and verified its files. Then I ran the complete AEC check. 

I looked at my scenery placement in Lorby's Scenery program....and that brings a question to mind.

As far as ORBX files and installations are concerned, what is the advice about converting them to xml files. I am flying P3D V.4.4

As always, thanks...

7 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Did you fix the problem?

Sadly, no...there was no change. Now, as I write this, I am doing a repair on the P3D scenery element. If that does not work, then I will uninstall the present version and install the new file as outlined by Elaine Dixon over at the P3D forum. So, I will have an continuing answer to your question once the repair is concluded which is about half an hour from now as I type this. 

Thanks for your continuing interest and counsel.

Sherm

On 12/5/2018 at 9:38 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

possibly that is the result of there being no mesh active.

Please check that all the default P3D areas are in your scenery library and active.

With considerable help, I have solved the problem and eliminated the spikes. As you suggested Nick, it was a mesh problem. In another post I questioned the workings of xml files and got some solid information, including yours , Nick. Finally with a modest understanding of what is happening under the hood, I restored all of my FTX files to scenery.cfg. Similarly, I set all of my Free Mesh files to xml, did a full migration with FTXC and came up with everything I had been looking for. Thanks for the followup and assistance.

Sherm

Archived