Planning to go to p3dv4.4

I'am   going  to  go the  full  uninstall/  reinstall of  p3d  to update   to  the  4.4  version,  question is my orbx  addons,  on  the  correct  procedure  of  uninstalling/  reinstalling  do I just open up  ftx  central  and use  the   uninstall option on each  addon I have  got,  than  delete  any  left over  folders   that are  left  behind  in the p3d  folder

I did this, and only reinstalled Global, Vector, and Trees. For the rest, I chose "verify files". As I uninstalled P3D 4.3 via the uninstall option (but didn't manually remove the remaining files and folders) this worked perfect. I cleared the sceneryindexes  and shaders folders and then let P3D 4.4 rebuild these. It all works great, and is a clear improvement on an already very good 4.3.

2 hours ago, BrianV said:

I did this, and only reinstalled Global, Vector, and Trees. For the rest, I chose "verify files". As I uninstalled P3D 4.3 via the uninstall option (but didn't manually remove the remaining files and folders) this worked perfect. I cleared the sceneryindexes  and shaders folders and then let P3D 4.4 rebuild these. It all works great, and is a clear improvement on an already very good 4.3.

Thx  for  the  tip  but  have  gone  the  way off  using the  updating  the  content, scenery  and  client option   

17 hours ago, 0Artur0 said:

I have a similar question.

I'm going to reinstall P3D completely, so I'm going to delete absolutely everything. Do I need to uninstall every single ORBX addon one by one or can I simply delete ORBX folders and when I install P3D I install every ORBX product again?

I don't think it is necessary to uninstall anything from the ORBX folder, when removing P3D. Rather, a fresh install of P3D will keep the ORBX folders that haven't changed and you avoid the hazzle of a full ORBX reinstallation. The P3D upgrade will be just the same, and you won't have to do something on the ORBX that you already have done.

Hello,

you can delete the P3D folder when you have uninstalled P3D correctly.

When you install P3D in the new location, FTX Central will see it there

and you can install everything again.

Don't forget to delete all the P3D configuration files before you run your

new installation.

Archived