Not Sure Where To Begin

iflygary

Hello,

I am not sure where to begin with this issue but I'm sure I will probably get a quicker response here that anyplace else.  I'm trying to take advantage of the sale and get more scenery for X-Plane.  My 17 year old son plays on X-Plane  while I spend all  of my time on either P3DV4 or FSX Steam, therefore I'm not sure how long this issue has been occurring.  I purchased Pearson Field for X-Plane and the scenery isn't showing up when I execute X-Plane through the shortcut on my desktop.  However after going directly to the Steam/X-Plane 11 folder, I can see it installed in the Custom Scenery folder but when I try to execute  the game there, it only gives me the option of using the demo mode or activating a product key.  I have contacted steam support but oh my, they seem to be as slow as molasses with their responses( it's been more than 24 hours).  So I figured I would also post here to see if anyone else may have had this issue.  I have also attached what my FTX Central looks like.  Is that correct to have so many versions of X-Plane??? 

FTX Central capture.JPG

Hello,

for your problem with Steam activation, you will have to persevere with Steam.

To have FTX Central recognise three installations of X Plane 11, you must have

three entries in C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\x-plane_install_11.txt, each pointing

to a folder containing X-Plane.exe.

They may be for the same location or different ones.

19 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

for your problem with Steam activation, you will have to persevere with Steam.

To have FTX Central recognise three installations of X Plane 11, you must have

three entries in C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\x-plane_install_11.txt, each pointing

to a folder containing X-Plane.exe.

They may be for the same location or different ones.

Nick,

Success one again sir!!!!  I deleted the X-Plane install texts where you said they were located and did a fresh install of X-Plane through Steam.  Voila!!!!  All of my X-Plane sceneries are now showing up just as they should, FTX Central only shows one entry of X-Plane, as it should, and I'm off to buy more X-Plane scenery to take advantage of the sale!!;)

Gary

Archived