Black Splotches in My Grass

michaelnicholson

Around a month ago or so, I installed the Global Base Pack,  Global Vector & open LC North America into my FSXSE set up.  It worked and looked great.  A few weeks ago, I decided to take the final plunge into Prepar3D v4.4.  I transferred Orbx to P3D and it seemed to work fine.  In transferring  the files, I discovered  one or two (I don't exactly remember which) did not install, and I downloaded and installed them plus added Global Trees HD ( I live in NW Washington State, USA and just love good trees).  Everything seems to work and look great; however, now I have black splotches all in my summer, darker green, grass.  This is really noticeable while taxing to the active. If it's a bank of grass it is probably covering as much as 40%.  After departure, any darker green grass is black splotches as far as FL320 or so.  After that, they are not to obvious.  Other grass that is lighter or burned out is not affected.  All my beautiful trees, no matter how green, are just fine.

So, I would welcome any advice on how to correct this.  Orbx looks so great, I just hope to fly in the summer for awhile until I get tired of looking at it. I have verified all my files with no change.

Mike Nicholson, Jetline Systems PC, 4.20 Intel 4 Core i7-7700k CDU, Nividia GTX 1060 6GB card,  32722 mbs memory, Windows 10- 64bit, Prepar3D v4.4

Yesterday, I was flying in the Midwest where it was mostly farm fields.  I was in my NGX.  The water looked good, but a lot of the square green fields were fully black.  Today I took the Dash 8 out from KATL and just flew NW at 5000 AGL later to 9000 AGL.  Today, the fields looked pretty fair, but the water was more pronounced with reflecting as black.  I had my FRAPPS screenshots, but with my 32" monitors, they were too large to send.  I'll try it again with the way the forum says to do it.  Do you think the end result will be to just uninstall my files and reinstall them?  If so, I'd rather just do that. Thanks for the reply, Mike

Hey Guys,

This morning I set my Dash 8 down on the end of Rwy 8 at KCLM.  This is a small airport (with an ILS) on the Olympic Peninsula of Washington State.  This airport is surrounded with some fairly high berms of grass and trees.  The mountains are all on the South side.  If I could get a screenshot, this would show you about 40 to 50% of the green berms are dark black Splotches. My Frapps shots are too large to send you.  I've tried to do the Imgur shots with no luck.  With just the window open to P3D, I don't know how to browse  to it, and I have no URL to input.  I'm stuck.  I'm sure my description of the problem would be evident in any screen shot I could submit.   Mike

Archived