Mesh issue - Incorrect Terrain Levels Hawaii

Dreamsofwings1

Took a flight out of HI23 in Hawaii and saw some very strange terrain levels.  Lots of death valley type structures and at one point buildings 'flying' quite high up in the air.  I went into my scenery library and came back out to clear the cache and they were still all there.  In fact the only way I can solve this issue is by turning Pilots Ultimate Next Generation FTX on.   Frustrating thing then is that (having also run the vector airport elevation tool) my scenery on the whole looks great but I find a lot of airports are on raised ground, or in cuttings, which looks very unnatural, and sometimes can even obscure an approach.  Below is what I am seeing.  Ideally I would rather not have the Pilots mesh on if it is going to cause unnatural elevations at airports but, as with this flight today, it seems I need to have it to get the scenery to display properly.  Is there a way of resetting the mesh without reinstalling everything as turning off Pilots mesh doesn't seem to be doing the trick and I know from others who are just using stock ORBX that they don't have same issue.  I am using Global, Vector OpenLc NA (which I think plays a part over in Hawaii)  Been flying in Pacific NW, Fjords, Northern Rockies and (standard P3d + GLobal + Vector) NZ today and not seen anything like this.  Any ideas?

rifzm24.jpg

xxZ7e1u.jpg

nbwEPAi.jpg

ywk05oY.jpg

uzyEQmR.jpg

9CecBDB.jpg

zxUj305.jpg

Hi there,

that does look very odd. Is it possible that you have created mesh "plugins" for local airports with the PILOTS' AFM tool and left those active when you deactivated them mesh itself? That might explain the odd terrain features and the fact that they disappear when you turn the mesh layer back on.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holgar,

Never used the AFM tool before tonight and after seeing this issue.  Have used now to correct the airfield elevation issues with it.  This was present before I had used it though and affected every island from here to Pearl Harbour.   As got closer to terrain it would massivly change and contort.  Haven’t seen this anywhere else today.  

Cheers,

Rob

Archived