FS-X True Earth Netherlands and YSSY

Captain_Yodie

TE Netherlands won't be released for FS-X.  The old 32 bit coding doesn't handle the amount of data and within a few minutes you get an Out Of Memory crash.  You'll need to purchase P3DV4 to get any of the new TE sceneries.  (Aerofly AFS2 and X-Plane 11 are also supported to varying degrees.)

YSSY airport has been well modelled by Fly Tampa, who knows when a Cityscape for Sydney may be attractive to a savvy developer?

I did a flight just last night up the coast, turned in the heads and headed for Bankstown, it's not photoreal but it's not bad.  Most landmarks are modelled.

Thanks, John. The reason I was asking about the Netherlands was, I was hoping for a higher-res coverage of this area. It's the only part missing to be able to fly the original Dam Busters route from the UK to the Dams in Germany in higher-res OrbX 'Country' coverage rather than the default FS-X scenery. I can fly the 'practice' low-level routes they used in the UK, and outbound to the UK coast, and within Germany to/from the Dams, in FS-X with good definition with the OrbX UKs & Germany N+S. I have an OK 617 version Lancaster but am not sure it would function in any of the other FS pieces of software such as P3DV4. Any thoughts?

Archived