Airport Elevation Issues - no addons

Anex80

I experience a myriad of elevation issues when using Orbx regions. I use P3dv3 with FTX Global Base, openLC NA, Vector, and TreesHD. I don’t have any issues with elevation using these. As soon as I load any of the regions I start noticing problems. 

One airport in particular that I’ve been testing with is KLLR. I’ve uninstalled all Orbx software and re-installed one-by-one. It was after installing the Northern CA region when I first noticed the elevation issue. 

I don’t utilize any additional third party scenery and have attempted correcting using the auto-elevation utility within the Vector control panel. 

Is there any way to resolve this? I have purchased several regions and have noticed this issue with all that I’ve tried (NCal, SCal, PNW, & CentralRockies).

Hi, welcome to the forums

First please apply the below basics.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Then, if you have Vector installed, there is a Vector control panel access button at the bottom of the FTXC3 settings page. When you open it you can select the amount of road coverage etc, be sure to uncheck the "Frozen Surface (in winter only)"option, and check the Australia Add-Ons under the “Settings” tab, then go to the Airport Elevation Correction (AEC tool) tab and run the auto configuration process and be sure to click on "Appy" when it is done scanning.

Cheers

Doug

Hello,

KLLR appears not to have any Orbx files for it at all.

It also does not appear to be a default P3D airport either.

Is that the code you meant?

Regardless of that, some of the regions add numerous airport elevation adjustment files.

Sometimes, customers find the the Default Terrain entry has gone missing from their scenery library.

This points to scenery\world\scenery where the airport elevation adjustment files are placed.

Thank you both for the quick replies. I’ll try to hit all of the questions. 

- The ORBX Lib files are up to date

- I don’t have any additional scenery files but there were some fsAerosata NCA files in the library. I moved those to the top and adjusted the insertion point tool as requested.  I’ve included screenshots of my scenery library below excluding some screens with just the Base size. 

- Force Migration and Airport Elevation tool has been run

- KLLR is the ICAO code for Little River, CA. This is present in the P3D startup window. I’ve attached a picture. Others have referenced an O48 ID as that used to be the code. That one does exist after installing NCA but only in the Scenery\world folder. It does not show up in AEC tool. 

DF3E8152-B52B-4318-B4D1-C94A3BD29B78.jpeg

8F9F4114-CE7F-44E4-8B75-43A76AB79CA9.jpeg

852C0F64-7DC8-4E8E-A52D-59BB1BB7FB08.jpeg

As I reported previously and got criticized for, fsaerodata ie navigraph data, changes the base files. Search the base files for that airport. Once found in the base files rename the .bgl file to a .sav file and rename the .fsad to .bgl and see if that fixes your problem. If not rename them back to original. 

Hello,

there is indeed O48 Little River California in ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NCA05_SCENERY\scenery

and an elevation adjustment file, ADE_FTX_NCA_O48_elevation_adjustment.BGL in scenery\world\scenery.

there is also a default O48 in both FSX and P3D v4.

Nevertheless, there is no default or Orbx KLLR.

I would guess that you have added KLLR using an updated navigation data addon program that is giving you

the KLLR that you are seeing.

Fsaerodata is one example and aero.sors nav update is another.

As the Orbx version of O48 is excluding the default version of O48, it is being displayed as well as your version if KLLR

because it cannot exclude KLLR as it cannot see it.

Try disabling the three O48 files in ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NCA05_SCENERY\scenery and scenery\world\scenery\ADE_FTX_NCA_O48_elevation_adjustment.BGL

and you should then see the KLLR that has been added.

Fsaerodata is one example and aero.sors nav update is another

Have a look at these topics

FSAerodata was the issue! With that disabled the airports I’ve been having problems with are all back to normal. Thank you to everyone who posted suggestions. 

FWIW, I was able to enable FSAerodata without ICAO codes and so far that seems to be working. 

Archived