Wrong Airlines.

Dadtom65

I have talked about this before, think, as there are two definite wrong Airlines at the Southampton Airport. One is a US Airways and an Air Canada. Know it’s not a major problem but I assume they are static aircraft. Plus I have been told how to remove them, but knowing me I’m bound to muck it up. Is there any chance that the developers of the airport could remove them please. Plus if I used an ai program like World Traffic 3 would that get rid of them. I’ve been told and have installed it Overlay editor that can be used to remove them. Plus if I do muck it up I can always reinstall the Airport I hope. Meant to ask, am I allowed to alter airports.  Derek.

2 hours ago, Dadtom65 said:

I have talked about this before, think, as there are two definite wrong Airlines at the Southampton Airport. One is a US Airways and an Air Canada. Know it’s not a major problem but I assume they are static aircraft. Plus I have been told how to remove them, but knowing me I’m bound to muck it up. Is there any chance that the developers of the airport could remove them please. Plus if I used an ai program like World Traffic 3 would that get rid of them. I’ve been told and have installed it Overlay editor that can be used to remove them. Plus if I do muck it up I can always reinstall the Airport I hope. Meant to ask, am I allowed to alter airports.  Derek.

I didn't notice those 2 airlines amongst the statics when i had them. Regarding whether you are "allowed" to alter the airport that would be for Orbx to respond, however I see no valid reason to make the airport WT3 compatible if all the parking slots are occupied by statics !

Rather than Orbx removing the statics, I would suggest Orbx have a setting  option in the Control Panel to either have static or non static. That way there would be no need to alter anything in the addon. We could be offered 2 different downloads alternatively, just like many of the payware standard freeware airport addons offer.... with static or without static. Orbx is new to XPlane and I hope they do take note from XP users to how best adapt to it's idiosyncrecies. The offering of non static and the lack of Exclusions in TEGB Sare a couple of areas Orbx may want to consider in future XP products.

We are all here to help each other in this kind of thing.

22 hours ago, Dadtom65 said:

HI

Have you (draw parked aircraft) ticked in the x-plane settings/general section as this fills up all the spaces. It also includes non uk aircraft and is generated by x-plane and not Orbx.

kind regards

Ian S

2018-11-16 (1).png

Orbx only aircraft with the 'draw parked aircraft' box unticked

1 hour ago, Ian S said:

HI

Have you (draw parked aircraft) ticked in the x-plane settings/general section as this fills up all the spaces. It also includes non uk aircraft and is generated by x-plane and not Orbx.

kind regards

Ian S

2018-11-16 (1).png

Orbx only aircraft with the 'draw parked aircraft' box unticked

Hi Ian. Thank for replying and yes I probably have that ticked. Why didn’t anyone else pick up on this like me for instance. It’s probably some thing you tick and then forget about. Will check it out later. Your a star. Derek.

Archived