EGKA / Small issues

FlyingFella

Hey,

Just bought EGKA and found some minor things which seem to be off, at least to my unprofessional eye.

1.  To me, the lighting of RWY 24/06 looks of. Please look at the green/red lights. They are too narrow for the RWY and also aren´t alinged with the runway (off by a few degrees).2406.thumb.PNG.5915b9649c564d6dfc2d1fa546b08d05.PNG
  2. I don´t know if this light should be here. To me it seems very close to the prop of a plane taxiing into the RWY. Might be acurate though.odd.thumb.jpg.04259d746763bd2e8e198386262e8543.jpg
  3. 24/06 seems to be defined as a paved runway, because I do get tire smoke on touch down. Usually I don´t get this on grass strips.Smoke.thumb.jpg.04792946fb35d87988a11265ac05f236.jpg
  4. This looks really, really bad. Please don´t make it such a clear cut between the two water textures, maybe smoothen it out.Water.thumb.jpg.e215725f2c03052cc48cbd7f20ff2a68.jpg

Thank you for taking time to read this. Looking forward to improvements.

Greetings

Apologies for not responding,

I've actually fixed the runway width issue for a forthcoming patch already. There should be no touchdown lights on those grass runways so those have been removed as well.

I'm still trying to nail down what's causing the tyre smoke - there's no fundamental difference between the grass runway at EGKA and anywhere else as far as I can tell.

As for the water issue, that's a tougher one. I'm going to try to minimise the impact but unfortunately XP doesn't allow for blending polygon edges as you've suggested (the colour difference is caused by an overlay polygon which adds a specular to the ground imagery).

Cheers,

Greg

Thank you Greg and Nick for getting back with me and the quick response.

All of Greg´s statements sound pretty good. If the smoke-issue can´t be reolved, it wouldn´t be to big of a deal to me, as I mostly land on the paved runway. I would just add to the realism not to have it. Maybe, if you can´t delete the effect, you could change it to a dust effect with brown-ish particles? Then it would look like one would get some earth/gravel whirled up upon landing.

In regards to the water: That would be a big bummer to me, if it would stay that way. An idea, coming from a non-professional photographer, who never before worked with polygons but has some expierence with GIMP/Photoshop etc.: You could place a gradient colour on the overlaying polygon, so that it would start with the grey colour of the canal and end with the dark blue of the sea...? Kind of like this (gradient is too weak, but I hope you get the idea):

ie.jpg.17b0f2c810cdebabd3fd90c1257917de.jpg

Or does the polygon prevent this from working?

Greetings

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Apologies, I didn't see the question at the end of your last post.

The short version is, yes the polygon prevents the gradient idea from working which is how we would normally tackle the problem and why it wasn't included in the first place.

A patch to resolve most, if not all, of the reported issues is being worked on.

Thanks,

Greg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have just bought EGKA and I have found issue with taxiways as well as with the runway. I cannot taxi with default S172SP (REP) with 1000 RPM (the plane simply do not move). The plane starts to move only at 1500 RPM and moving visuals is similar to taxing on the grass ( i.e. plane is bouncing up and down while taxing). I can smoothly move with 1000 RPM only on the pavement apron at EGKA...  Is it an intention or a bug? There are no such limitations on other airfields' taxiways or runways... It seems to me as if there is some mistake with the surface definition on taxiways and runways here...

• 2 weeks later...

As tapi expirience i have the same, at shoreham, cardiff and i think goodwood. Having trouble taxxing too. Its like there is nothing under the wheel, just plain dirt ground like im outside of airport taxing in the mud. Even the runway is like this. Elstree, egsg and southamton works just fine. Really strange, had this also in stable 11.26 version off xplane. These aiports are now practically unusable for me, afterall this is a sim, so i like to be able to taxi normally, even takeoffs is dangrous because i struggle to get enough speed to takeoof because off mud/friction or whatever it is..

• 4 months later...

@Greg Jones may I suggest to update the area around Helicopter area X and rwy 31/13 to no include the blue tents from the airshow or festival. in addition a few loadable spots at the eastern end of the airfield ( area housing Advance Helicopters and A2B )  and update of the hangars in that area would also be great :) otherwise great representation of Shoreham

Archived