Vector auto scan not picking up most third party scenery...

viperxbr

Greetings,

Having a bit of an issue with the auto scan of Vector.  I do have a bunch of other non-ORBX airport scenery installed but when I run the auto scan, they do not get disabled.  I have to do that manually.

If I manually disable the airport then run the auto scan, it re-enables that said airport.  Does this auto scan not suppose to search and disable any installed scenery that requires it or is it only ORBX specific?

An example would FSDT KMEM or Flightbeam KDEN.  Manual effort is required for these two.

Thanks!

Todd.

17 minutes ago, viperxbr said:

Greetings,

Having a bit of an issue with the auto scan of Vector.  I do have a bunch of other non-ORBX airport scenery installed but when I run the auto scan, they do not get disabled.  I have to do that manually.

If I manually disable the airport then run the auto scan, it re-enables that said airport.  Does this auto scan not suppose to search and disable any installed scenery that requires it or is it only ORBX specific?

An example would FSDT KMEM or Flightbeam KDEN.  Manual effort is required for these two.

Thanks!

Todd.

The airports you mention are installed via the add-on.xml method, correct?  The Vector AEC can't see airports installed in this fashion, so their elevation correction must be done manually.  If you save your corrections in a named profile, then you won't have to autorun the AEC tool in the future--just manually disable AEC, then save to the profile you've created.

1 hour ago, Stewart Hobson said:

The airports you mention are installed via the add-on.xml method, correct?  The Vector AEC can't see airports installed in this fashion, so their elevation correction must be done manually.  If you save your corrections in a named profile, then you won't have to autorun the AEC tool in the future--just manually disable AEC, then save to the profile you've created.

Thanks for the reply.  After I posted this I saw this thread 

Interesting the Vector dev's haven't accounted for this yet and updated it...  I guess priorities else where.

Cheers.

Archived