Jandakot Runway and Taxiway markers

Mawson

I have noticed all the runway markers and taxiway markers and the windsock are shadows on the ground where they should be and all the 3D frame has disappeared.

I have reinstalled Jandakot 2 times but they still don't appear.

I also run Photo X Perth but I have placed Jandakot at a higher priority in Scenery.

Any ideas how to get them back?

What is the sequence of events that led to this problem?

Was Jandakot working before you installed Photo X Perth?

Were they both working together fine, and then suddenly stopped working?

Are you using other textures for runways...... ENVTEX, REX etc?

Do you have the latest version of ORBX libraries installed?

So many things can cause problems, so a little more information is required....as I fly out of Jandakot all the time with no problems, I doubt this is an issue with the ORBX install, but more something else that is interfering. 

3 hours ago, TerryM said:

What is the sequence of events that led to this problem?

Was Jandakot working before you installed Photo X Perth?

Were they both working together fine, and then suddenly stopped working?

Are you using other textures for runways...... ENVTEX, REX etc?

Do you have the latest version of ORBX libraries installed?

So many things can cause problems, so a little more information is required....as I fly out of Jandakot all the time with no problems, I doubt this is an issue with the ORBX install, but more something else that is interfering. 

Hi Terry, I don't use any other add on other than all the ORBX library and Orbx products being Global, Vector and FTX au as well the recommended Holger mesh and  FS Global mesh and :

Newport - Photo Real Perth X Night/

I only just moved back to Jandakot and because there is a lack of anything VFR in Perth even in real life the Photo x added some actual photorealistic scenery.

Everything looks ok at Jandakot other than its extremely badly dated diue to the massive expansion since it was produced but it lacks the runway,taxiway and Windsock markers. 

Cheers

Hi Terry, I uninstalled Perth X and Jandakot and reinstalled Jandakot and it made no difference except the photo real scenery outside Jandakot was now just default.

I went to nearby Perth airport and all the runway markers ect are present.

I also think a few objects are missing from before like the adventure world tower and Fremantle cranes and a few signs …. there must be a missing scenery file.

The file is there but it's not being used...

Capture.PNG

1 hour ago, Mawson said:

Hi Terry, I uninstalled Perth X and Jandakot and reinstalled Jandakot and it made no difference except the photo real scenery outside Jandakot was now just default.

Hey Mawson, Do we know each other? Do you fly out of Jandakot?

Anyway, here is a pic of my Jandakot installation which was recently refreshed: - 

OR2GBt1.png

You can clearly see the taxiway markings and the windsock behind (if you blow it up a bit lol) so I don't believe this will be an ORBX issue, more a case of something interfering with it, but then maybe Nick can check your scenery file for you to confirm. 

As for the cranes at Fremantle, I don't believe I've seen those for years, if at all.

If you fly VFR though, then you should install all the OzX stuff; it includes a lot of waypoints such as canning dam, wungong reservoir, boatyard, and some of the smaller airports like Beverley. If you don't have the files, then PM me, as I have them all stored on a google drive, although be warned, its a 5GB download :)

Hi Terry, I am flying an R22 out of Jandakot not a career just for fun.

I used to use Jandakot in FSX Steam just changed to P3D but it used to look like what you just posted and people walking around.

I have Busselton too and that works fine , people markers ect.

In my mind at least  in FSX there used to be the Freo Cranes and Adventure world tower.

I was missing all the markers even before I put on Perth X.

For the people, have you checked settings in FTX Central, to make sure you have the option for 'Use ObjectFlow 2 in Prepar3d v4'

You may still need to go into your account and activate FastTrack for ObjectFlow 2..... I'm not sure if that's still a 'thing' now v4 has been around for a while.

dJ6S1Yj.png

Hi yes I have object flow 2 ticked and it all works with Busselton .... 

I noticed I don't even get the tufts of grass at Jandakot either...like Busselton , very strange.

I also know there is a known problem with object flow if you are using the older Versions of P3d but I am using the latest V4 ( I thought I would get that in before Nick Copper asks...) 

Hello,

there are no objectflow files in ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YPJT\Scenery.

The whole airport is therefore littered with grass, flowers, signs and "3D frame"

regardless of the objectflow setting.

Much less so if the FTXAA_ORBXLIBS scenery library entry is unticked.

No grass, flowers or 3D frame.

Thanks Nick  I knew you would come along soon!

I am not sure why the runway markers, grass tufts,  windsock and people have disappeared from when I was using FSX now I am onto P3D v4.

I have not unticked anything in scenery on P3D so I will have a look but it must be Jandakot specific as Busselton is magnificent as I remember Jandakot was in FSX.

I was wondering if it has something to do with P3D and it handing and I had to delete the scenery.cfg?

if you delete a scenery from FTX central and reinstall does it update the scenery.cfg file?

Cheers

Thanks Nick I have uninstalled and installed 4 times and tried the  file verify and manual download with no change.

the object files are there they just don't ccome uo

The FTXAA_ORBXLIBS is ticked in scenery.

The boxes are all ticked in the default install for Jandakot as well.

That was what I thought but I only have Newport Photo Real Perth X but it has not effected the runway markings on Perth Airport or Busselton and I have deleted it and reinstalled Jandakot FTX Aust and vector and it made no difference.

I'll used verify and then reinstalled the orbx library from a new download. You can reinstall it by cancelling a verify files and you get the option to install from scratch but no change.

I have noticed the fuel station on the airport is also missing it's 3d objects and I would say there used to be a few objects like spare tyres and drums as well as all the airfield markers and gabbles taxiway signs and runway markers. I am certain there was a windsock as well that is not there .

Mawson,

Have you completely uninstalled Newport Photo X? Maybe try that to ensure its not impacting on your ORBX installation. Once done, verify your ORBX files for FTX Australia and Jandakot, then go into the control panel for Jandakot and ensure your scenery complexity is set to extremely dense as I believe some of the 3D objects only appear with this setting configured......such as RACWA, Fuel Bowser etc, although Jarrad's the guy who will be able to confirm this for you. Whilst I have never seen the cranes at Freo, I DO have the other objects you have mentioned visible with the above setting.  

Terry

31 minutes ago, TerryM said:

Mawson,

Have you completely uninstalled Newport Photo X? Maybe try that to ensure its not impacting on your ORBX installation. Once done, verify your ORBX files for FTX Australia and Jandakot, then go into the control panel for Jandakot and ensure your scenery complexity is set to extremely dense as I believe some of the 3D objects only appear with this setting configured......such as RACWA, Fuel Bowser etc, although Jarrad's the guy who will be able to confirm this for you. Whilst I have never seen the cranes at Freo, I DO have the other objects you have mentioned visible with the above setting.  

Terry

I will check that setting when I get home from work, I hope it's that simple :)

I did completely uninstall Newport Photo X and did a fresh orbx library , FTX Aus and Jandakot but no difference. 

Thanks Terry and Nick whilst searching for every other cause of the problem it was us simple as setting the scenery as "very dense".

I was certain all you need was dense but all the 3D objects are back as in your screen grab.

It's always the simple things but lucky for me  you brought it up for me to check, thanks a million and I owe you a beer!

Still no Fremantle cranes or Adventure world tower but maybe that was in the beta test I did 10 years ago on FSX.

6 hours ago, Mawson said:

Thanks Terry and Nick whilst searching for every other cause of the problem it was us simple as setting the scenery as "very dense".

I was certain all you need was dense but all the 3D objects are back as in your screen grab.

It's always the simple things but lucky for me  you brought it up for me to check, thanks a million and I owe you a beer!

Still no Fremantle cranes or Adventure world tower but maybe that was in the beta test I did 10 years ago on FSX.

You're welcome Stephen, P3D is so more capable than FSX....... maybe I'll see you down at YPJT some time :)

Terry

On 11/14/2018 at 6:19 PM, TerryM said:

You're welcome Stephen, P3D is so more capable than FSX....... maybe I'll see you down at YPJT some time :)

Terry

Maybe we can get some photos for the developer to convince him to do a version 2 of Jandakot as ORBX are already done a  version 3 of YMML and this brilliant little airport being the busiest in Australia deserves some attention .

8 hours ago, Mawson said:

Maybe we can get some photos for the developer to convince him to do a version 2 of Jandakot as ORBX are already done a  version 3 of YMML and this brilliant little airport being the busiest in Australia deserves some attention .

I'm more than happy to take Jarrad Marshall up for a flight around Jandakot and the surrounding area whenever he wants, if it helps facilitate Jandakot 2.0 

If interested, just PM me Jarrad, bring your camera for ground and aerial photos :P

Archived