Gold Coast YBCG and CityScene Slow Loading Time

Captain Lars

Hey there,

I recently flew into YBCG Coolangatta / Gold Coast, which I do own from Orbx together with CityScene Gold Coast. The slider setting was the same that I use when I fly to really big payware airports like Toronto or Frankfurt. Nonetheless I experienced really slow loading times. I was approaching runway 32 when I realized that the terrain textures where really blurry, so I paused the simulation. After approximately a minute, skyscrapers belonging to the Gold Coast scenery where popping up in the background, and then, slowly, the textures of the ground in the approach path were sharpening, so that I could press "P" and continue the approach. Framerates were totally OK btw - about 25.

While I'm using the PMDG 777, I never encountered such extremely slow loading times in the sim. I can fly to almost any airport in the world with 25+ fps and not get blurries. Is this how it's supposed to be? After all, my rig is good enough to handle big payware airports well - so where could be the problem?

Regards

Lars

Gold Coast city scene has large resource requirements from computers. I get OOMs if I fly there for any length of time in default aircraft. I have a medium computer. PMDG would slow it way down.

There have been a few posts on OOMs with the city scene but I'm too lazy to look them up.

18 hours ago, petfy said:

Gold Coast city scene has large resource requirements from computers. I get OOMs if I fly there for any length of time in default aircraft. I have a medium computer. PMDG would slow it way down.

There have been a few posts on OOMs with the city scene but I'm too lazy to look them up.

At least I don't have OOMs anymore because I'm on P4. So I see that this problem isn't uncommon. I'm definitely refraining from purchasing Barcelona or any of the TE products now. It seems that I'd need one of the really expensive graphics boards, which I'm not going to buy anytime soon.

Archived