Tazmania and KHQM Grass over Airport Surfaces

Wizkid2552

tazmania.thumb.JPG.f08adaafa16d13b3f97e8a896fc3b6fe.JPGDear Orbx, I am new to your products and downloaded FTX 3 central and your 3 demos to use in FSX-SE on my Windows 10 Alienware Aurora gaming pc.  Iceland loads fine and looks nice, but the Tazmania has half the airport buried under grass with only signs sticking up out of the ground, and has water on hillsides and other wierd artifacts.  In the Pacific Northwest the runway I start on is paved under my aircraft, but then there is a one foot tall grass patch that comes up in front of the aircraft and continues until the taxiway, and then there is runway, but then grass after that.  After I am airborne in my helicopter (i did not try a take off roll in a plane so don't know if the grass hill would have stopped the plane) at 1000 agl, the runway drew itself and was normal looking from the air.  Once I came down to land, the closest part to me turned back to grass, and the black just kept receding down the runway until it was all grass with taxiway black patches intersecting.  I am really confused here because my pc has a 1080 and is showing frame rates in excess of 200 with one screen, and it is also very smooth in VR.  I have no such issues with stock airports, and from Steam I have 3 addons called Ultimate Night Environment X Addon, HD Airport Graphics Addon, and Orbx Asset Library.  I heard very good things about Orbx from a developer in Texas and that is why I tried the demos, because I would end up buying if it works well.  Thank you, Jason (wizkid2552)

tazmania1.JPG

tazmania2.JPG

tazmania3.JPG

tazmania4.JPG

tazmania5.JPG

tazmania6.JPG

tazmania7.JPG

taz airport bad.JPG

Hi, I just got an error tonight when trying to open FTX Central and it told me to send this log file.  I am able to get the Tanzania airport to work without loading FTX Central by simply importing the Y... airport into FSX as Add-on scenery.  The KHQM is a disaster though, even without FTX Central loaded beforehand, the airport is covered in a couple feet of grass with a hole where my helicopter spawns.  Jason

ftxc3.json

Dear Orbx, Here are screenshots from the Bowerman airport in the Pacific Northwest demo.  I got Tanzania to work by just importing the airport, but there seems to be no way to do that with Bowerman.  The Orbx scenery never shows up in the list in FSX Scenery, but on Orbx settings I see it.  This is really confusing.  I got FTX Central to run by choosing Run as Administrator on my win 10 computer, but I did not have to do that when I first downloaded it, I was able to just start Steam, double click FTX Central, then load FSX.  I hope this can be made to work with this pc because I'd really like to start buying your products for other areas. Thank you, Jason

bowerman covered in dirt.JPG

disappearing runway bowerman2.JPG

disappearing runway bowerman.JPG

bowerman rny starting to form at 1000 feet2.JPG

bowerman rny starting to form at 1000 feet.JPG

lucky i have a heli at Bowerman3.JPG

lucky i have a heli at Bowerman2.JPG

lucky i have a heli at Bowerman1.JPG

fsx orbx settings.JPG

bowerman chosen fsx.JPG

my fsx scenery list2.JPG

my fsx scenery list1.JPG

I just used the FSX Add area function to find the ORBX folder under FSX, just like I did to manually add the YMLT airport, to install the folder called FTXAA_ORBXLIBS, and now the YMLT airport has no more black spots where you meant buildings to be.  Wow it is beautiful an full of life now!  I will try again flying Bowerton KHQM and see if the runway is normal.  Just checked, that airport still under sod, don't know what to do at this point.1704157773_orbx_libsnowinscenerylisting.JPG.c8bf26e534c7a17f15da8fd62e96568e.JPG

tazmania airport full of life3.JPG

tazmania airport full of life2.JPG

tazmania airport full of life.JPG

Looks like I resolved the issue by manually installing each item from every folder in ORBX from inside the FSX parent directory.  I thought that the FTX Central was supposed to automatically install these areas without me having to do manual Add Area in the FSX Scenery.  I am new to using scenery packages, and only recently learned the trick of clicking in the white box to get FSX to accept and add the scenery to the list.  If there is a section of the Orbx website here that I should have found and read first, sorry that I missed it and started a ticket right away.  Please point me in the right direction and I will learn more. 

I love what I see now in Bowerton, with a helipad and people walking outside that building.  You guys are doing great work, and now that I seem to have gotten it going (still not sure if my fix was what was supposed to be done from the start?), I am eager to see your other products.  I have an install of P3D v2.5 and Xplane 11 on this same computer, am I allowed to use this FTX Central to demo these 3 areas in those as well?  I keep getting a checkbox on startup to which I always select FSX, but I am curious how these behave in the other sims. 

Thanks for your help. Jason

in heavan with helipad at bowerman.JPG

orbx manual add all items fsx scenery.JPG

orbx manual add to fsx scenery.JPG

finally fixed bowerman.JPG

Hello Jason,

FTXCentral is the only way to install  Orbx products correctly, NOT via the FSX Add Area.

Your YMLT was not installed correctly and without the Orbx Libraries it would not display correctly.

FTXCentral said the Libraries were installed but they did not show in FSX library, by deleting the FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS text in FSX - ORBX - User Documents - Versions they would show as not installed in FTXCental allowing you to reinstall and replace any corrupt or missing files.

16 hours ago, Wizkid2552 said:

Looks like I resolved the issue by manually installing each item

12 hours ago, Smudger said:

Hello Jason,

FTXCentral is the only way to install  Orbx products correctly, NOT via the FSX Add Area.

Your YMLT was not installed correctly and without the Orbx Libraries it would not display correctly.

FTXCentral said the Libraries were installed but they did not show in FSX library, by deleting the FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS text in FSX - ORBX - User Documents - Versions they would show as not installed in FTXCental allowing you to reinstall and replace any corrupt or missing files.

Hello Smudger, In my copy of P3D v2.5 everything works as it should.  FTX Central downloaded and installed the 3 demos into P3D without me having to touch the Add Area functions.  I listed the P3D scenery area, and all Orbx entries were there perfectly.  In FSX however, NOTHING installed to the FSX Scenery list unless I did it manually.  In FTX Central it SAID it was there, but when I would look in FSX Scenery, there was nothing.  So i simply took the time to import each subfolder in order from each of the 3 folders, then add the last 2 folders under them.  Now it works and looks beautiful.  Only problem which I started a new ticket for, most of the Iceland airports now slow my monster Aurora down to 10 fps even if I cut back settings, and I never have to cut settings with my 1080 and i7-8700k.  My P3D v2.5 runs Iceland perfectly and is always above 90 fps.  I am wondering if the Orbx Asset Library which I have as DLC from Steam for FSX needs to be unchecked on Steam so it does not run anywhere?  It also does not show in FSX Scenery anywhere, but maybe that is doing something?  I ought to install my old FSX Gold Acceleration on this new Aurora too and see if  Iceland works ok.  If I have to use P3D to enjoy Orbx scenery, that is fine with me, but I hate not knowing how to solve a problem, and obviously there is some problem causing Iceland airports (not all, the one listed next to Rejkavik that also starts with an R, but is much smaller, ran at 80 fps!)  Thank you for your assistance, and hope we can figure this out so I can start buying things knowing they will work.  Jason

Hello Jason, I have FSX Gold, not Steam, and I have always installed into FSX via FTXCentral. I assume that in your FTXCentral it does give you the option of choosing FSX or P3D.

I have no knowledge of the Orbx Asset Library so am unable to help you with that.

What happens if you run Verify files in FTXCentral Iceland demo ?

FTXCentral uses your FSX registry entry to locate and install into, is it possible you still have a false entry for a deleted version in there ?

If you hover your mouse over the FSX entry in FTXCentral it will display the path.

13 hours ago, Smudger said:

Hello Jason, I have FSX Gold, not Steam, and I have always installed into FSX via FTXCentral. I assume that in your FTXCentral it does give you the option of choosing FSX or P3D.

I have no knowledge of the Orbx Asset Library so am unable to help you with that.

What happens if you run Verify files in FTXCentral Iceland demo ?

FTXCentral uses your FSX registry entry to locate and install into, is it possible you still have a false entry for a deleted version in there ?

If you hover your mouse over the FSX entry in FTXCentral it will display the path.

Hi Smudger, the path is correct when I hover my mouse over it.  I originally had Steam installed on my C drive, but later moved most of the apps, including FSX SteamEd to a D drive because I was running out of space.  I used Steam to move most of its apps to D from C, so when FSX was originally purchased and downloaded, it was on the C drive.  But if FTX Central shows the proper path to the D drive, that shouldn't be an issue.  I will try to verify the Iceland files and see if that helps.  Everything else is working good though with my folder by folder install.  I always start FTX Central first so it is running, have not tried to use the airports in FSX without FTX Central running.  I would like to see if anybody can explain what the DLC (downloadable content) for Orbx Asset Library is doing to FSX Steam, and if perhaps it has something running and conflicting with Iceland.  Who could I ask that would know about that Orbx product?  Thank you, Jason

PS I started a ticket for the low FPS issue in Iceland but as of yet no comments and it still shows Active in red.

Archived