True Earth Great Britain for Mac Install Help

John Bauder

Hello to whomever finds this.

I am a Mac user and just downloaded the Cross Platform version of this scenery.  Unlike Chicago Meigs field, there are other things we need to do in order to get this to work.

The instructions state "Run the _mac_1_conversion script to convert the textures **Note that this process will take some time** You may need to adjust your security prefernaces (sic) to run this script"

What precisely should I be looking for?  I believe - though it's not mentioned here AT ALL (an issue I've had with ORBX not having complete instructions) - that I should be typing into Terminal the following: 

chmod +x (and then click/drag the _mac_1_conversion exe file from the Orbx_C folder) and then press enter.  

I see nothing happening...anywhere.  Can someone please tell me... what should I be seeing? Where should I look? And how will I know when it's done?  What should I expect? When will I know that it's time to run the _mac_2_cleanup script?

And do we not use the nvcompress-osx script at all?

Any help is appreciated or I may just need to request a refund for something that is not simple to set-up.

Hello,

I have devoted a great deal of time to attempting to answer this and your other questions.

I have also asked Matthew Webb to take a look at the topic and give you his advice.

Posting a second topic is counter productive, please refer back to your original topic and await a reply from Matthew.

It is here

Archived