south of uk will not install

barton18

Ive tried it twice to install  through ftx and done a manual download and guess what, after unzipping theirs no installer file, whats happening.

too big to keep downloading not mention space on hd.  when starting xplane i get a missing files requester for 2 files that do exist in the actual folder it says they are not in.

please help.

xplane11

during loading of xp11 a requester pops up saying 2 scenery files from orbx south london package, it asks for 'Custom Scenery/orbx_c_gb_south_trueEarth_Orthos/terrain/a6e0xfe60x17.ter

and the equivalent .dds file...hated typing that....when i look in the locations the files are actually there.... please help, losing the will.

the ftx loader just kept want to download the entire program again and again.

on the manual download i have this folder _fulOrbxTrueEarthGBSouth10 inside this are 642 zip files mostly roughly 45mb and a few bigger ones...

i extracded these and got another  load of files similar size 642 again but the names are similar but different numbers in the names anyway if i open these guess what ....yes... more zips

sooo grateful for your help though

Here is what is in the link that you do not seem to have opened or read

If you use the manual download function on your Orbx Direct account product page,

you will receive one .zip file.

To install this, one must use the Install from my manually downloaded zip function in FTX Central

and it should prompt you to select a file and then install from the single file.

image.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

ok... as i have said i do have it installed and when i run it in xp11 it crashes requetier pops up stating that these files are missing one is a .ter file and a dds i think.  when i look into the location where the requester claims it cannot load them from, there they are, they do exist in that location but will not load.

i think i need to uninstall it and re install it from the manual download which i have done.... but i dont see the 'install from a zip' option  on ftx, i think the option is only available when going for installing so i will have to uninstall

• 3 weeks later...

ridiculous the ammount of time wasted trying to install south of england. just keeps downloadind tries to install then downloads again. worst addon for a simple scenery addon ever. ftx is hopeless too.

i have no more time to waste.. regret buying.

Archived