Migration licenses from FSX to P3D on same PC

Hallo,

want to install Windows 10 on my flightsim pc on second partition and install P3D4.x instead of FSX.

I' am usion FTX Central 3 and owner of nearly all addons of orbx.

1. Is it necessary first  to deinstall all orbx-addons in FSX before install the same orbx-addons in P3D?

2. Must I download all addons one more time or is it possible to use the backups I made before installing orbx-addons in FSX?

ThanX

CI

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Nick and i have a similar problem with my FTX CENTRAL in that i now have also P3D V 4.3 and get told to do another migration but my main problem is that i own all the addons in OCEANIA as an example but i notice that most say not installed which is fine but there is also a few showing that i need to purchase again when i already have them ? No such problems in FSX ! Thanks Mate !

Hello Nick ! In FTX central once i select P3D V 4.3 i need to do a Unified iclookup if i want to keep using my Orbx products . 2) The airports and scenery in OCEANIA are Region AU AUSTRALIA and the following airports which are greyed out with the shopping trolley even though i have them all installed in FSX . YBBN/YBUD/YCDR/YHBA/YPEC/YSCB/YSCH/YSTW . All the others in OCEANIA simply say not installed and show lit up in colour . They were bought from the Fltsim Store and Orbx  . Thanks Nick !

Hello again Nick and thanks for help and prompt response.I don't recall using a different account and the transfer from the FSS went without any problems.My FTX central version is up to date with the V 3.3.1.4 ! Like i say all my ones listed above and the others are all there in FSX ? OCEANIA as an example . I have AEROFLY FS 2 / FSX / X- PLANE 11 showing in the FTX CENTRAL menu. This problem seems to have arrizane after installing P3D V 4.3 about a couple of weeks ago.It shows in the FTX CENTRAL list but with the greyed shopping products listed above for OCEANIA? This asking for Unified iclookup is only happening on selection of P3D V4.3 in FTX CENTRAL menu. Thanks again !

Hello,

if you are asked to do a migration, then please do so.

That is most likely to do with the files, not whether or not you own the products.

As none of the products that you list as owned but show as greyed out are in your Orbx Direct account, could

they have been bought from somewhere else than the Flight Sim Store and on DVD?

If they were bought from the FSS, do you still have the e mails with the proofs of purchase?

Nick Mate ! The ones above and the others all show as owned and installed in FSX as an example including the ones listed above but this is not the case with the ones listed above for P3D V 4.3 ? for OCEANIA ! To my knowledge all my orbx products were bought from both FSS and ORBX . This problem only happens when i select P3D V 4.3 in FTX CENTRAL ,then select OCEANIA without having done the Migration ? Just to sum up , no problems with above in FSX it even says i own all products for OCEANIA in FTX CENTRAL problem only arises when i select P3D V 4.3 for OCEANIA in FTX CENTRAL . All the other ones in OCEANIA that i have and are not greyed out simply say not installed which is correct ? Sorry to drive you nuts and thanks again for your'e help !

Nick ! The Migration from FSS was done on SUN 23/04/2017 11.24 AM REF 58fc021a669c8 ! These ORBX products as listed above REGION AU AUST and airports YBBN/YBUD/YCDR/YHBA/YPEC/YSCB/YSCH/YSTW . I must have got these from ORBX as they do not show in the transfer list , but do show as owned and installed along with the others in OCEANIA for FSX .These 9 ORBX products are not showing as bought for P3D V4.3 in OCEANIA , the others do ? It is confusing , why does it show that i own all the products for OCEANIA in FSX but not in P3D V 4.3 ?

Thanks.

I have checked that transaction and I can confirm once again that it did not include any of these.

YBBN/YBUD/YCDR/YHBA/YPEC/YSCB/YSCH/YSTW

Can you show me a picture of your FTX Central Oceania page in FSX and also in P3D.

Please include the whole of the FTX Central window in the image.

Thanks.

I must assume that installed these products using something other than FTX Central.

Either a download or  DVD.

DVD and not from the FSS would cause this or bought at the FSS using a different account that

has not yet been transferred.

FTX Central sees them but will not work with them because it cannot see your licence.

Can you check your records, if you still have them and see where you got YBBN from please?

Nick i am not even going to bother with FSS , because they never reply and i believe they are finished ? They didn't even bother to say anything ! So i will see if Richard can do anything ? , bottom line is if i didn't have these products they would not be in my FSX . Thanks !

Archived