x plane 11 orbx south england could not locate files ...

Daniel0507

Hi, I downloaded orbx scenery for England south just under two weeks ago now and I am having the same problems as many other people. I have installed it but this error message still loads: 

I have reinstalled FTX multiple times and nothing has worked, I have also tried inserting the converter and selecting the verify option and nothing has worked. Also I have 11gb of storage left so that is not the problem. I have also selected the show missing file option and nothing has worked as a result of that, if anyone can help it would be much appreciated. 

Thanks 

Daniel

orbx scenery error .JPG

Hello Daniel,

please check the size of the three Orbx_B_GB_South folders together in X Plane 11\Custom Scenery.

If they are around 26GB, the conversion has not taken place.

The converted size is 126 GB, which will not fit into 11GB.

If this is not your problem, please return to this topic and post the reported size of the three folders.

Thanks.

Hi, sorry i made a mistake my xplane folder is located in my desktop and my desktop has 131gb free so I don't know if that is the problem. On FTX it stated it was just over 26,000 files to download. However , if I have done this correctly I believe all 3 folder equate to 27.5 gb. 

Thanks

Daniel 

Same with me........bought it yesterday and after letting FTX central do it's job and starting up X-plane, when X-plane was loading the (UK) scenery, got the following message:

Error, could not locate image file for terrain
0:03:17.967 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/a910xf8e0x17.ter
0:03:17.967 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/textures/a910xf8e0x17.dds
0:03:17.967 E/SYS: | (REN_terrain.cpp:146)

After clicking on "understood", X-plane closes ........Help! Installed 3 times now, no improvement.

File sizes: Custom: 1,11 Gb, Overlay: 1,33 Gb, Ortho's: 61,3 Gb.

Please read the posts as there’s loads of people who have had the same problems as you both have had, plus don’t forget to install the Orbx Libraries file for Xplane, this in the Freeware section of Orbx files as has been posted here as well. 

I know how you feel when some thing does not load right. Lucky for me I had no problems apart from making sure the three Orbx files, A,B,C are in that order which they were not. This is in the Xplane ini file. Please be patient as there are people here who will help you but some times it takes a bit of time.

can you tell me if this ini file is in right order as london area is very sparce and flst im running i7 with 6gb graphic card 16 gb ram-ty

1000 Version
SCENERY

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EBBR Brussels/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDF Frankfurt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn-Lippstadt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGLL Heathrow/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFMN Nice Cote d Azur X/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFPO Paris Orly/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LPFR Faro/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LSGG Genf/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Area/