Two versions of P3D and One version of ORBX?

jlund

I  would like to use Instant Scenery 3 in my P3Dv3 version, to make scenery.bgls that can be used in P3Dv4.3 (as IS3 doesn't work directly in P3Dv4). I'm planning to install Orbx Global, FTX Vector and FTX LC_Europe in P3Dv4.3, but instead of having to install it i P3D v3 as well, is it possible to install Orbx outside P3D folder on a seperat SSD and point BOTH P3Dv3 and v4.3 to the same folder, so I can use just one install of it?  I will offcourse only use version of P3D at at time.

And is it legal to use ORBX libraries / objects in other airports as long as they're only for my personal use and won't get distibuted outside the sim?

Jorn L

Hello,

I think that Global, FTX Vector and FTX LC_Europe all share the same files for v3 and v4.

I would give it a try and if it works, all well and good.

What you want do with the libraries is officially in breach of the EULA but what you do for yourself

and keep only for yourself is outside that scope.

Here is the relevant part.

LEGAL NOTICE: The Orbx Libraries (Orbxlibs) are licensed for use ONLY with Orbx products licensed by our customers. Whilst they are freely distributed on this site and our forums it is for the support of our own products only. It is EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN to modify, use, call GUIDs, reference, extract or in anyway make use of Orbxlibs in any software project be it freeware, donation ware or payware. Any mis-use of Orbxlibs will invoke legal action.

I wish I could try it out, but unfortunately my P3D is broken AGAIN. I've never had so much trouble with any version of FSX or P3d before V4.3. I've just installed XP11 and I'm gonna give it a go, even though I know I will miss P3D, but I don't have the patience (not for now anyways) to un and reinstall P3D for the 4'th time in two weeks. But thanks for the help anyways.

Regards Jorn.

Archived