Avoiding a re-download

AerialShorts

Hi, I was troubleshooting a P3D 4.3 problem tonight and part of the resolution was to run DeleteGeneratedFiles which I believe disconnected P3D from all my scenery.

When I was doing my original downloads and installs, I had most of them (forgot on a few) save a local backup but it looked like the files got a long hash value for the file names.

If I have to reinstall to get the scenery back in P3D, is there a manual or directions somewhere on how to use my local copies instead of going through the time downloading again? It’s not intuitive with those file names especially since the installer seems to be exclusively online. I'm missing something or does it just notice the local copy and use that if available all on its own?

Also, how many times can we download scenery files if it ends up I have to re-download everything?

I have multiple orders direct from you guys but here is one to establish me as a real customer: 5afd96d4f02be

Thanks in advance,

Robert

To avoid opening a new topc, may I post a similar question right here?

I recently lost my SSD system drive. My FSX data with the ORBX scenery files is installed on a separate HDD.

So I still have my FSX folder with the ORBX subfolder and all scenery files, but lost FTX Central and all the registry entries.

After having mounted a new SSD and after reinstalling the system, my plan is to rename the old FSX folder on the HDD to FSY, install FSX newly to have it in the registry, then delete the new FSX folder and re-rename FSY to FSX. This has worked before when installing a fresh system, but this is the first time I am doing this with ORBX scenery files.

Is there a way that I can continue using my old ORBX files without downloading them again, even though FTX Central was lost? I am living in a country with unreliable internet, and downloading large files is s huge hassle, plus there are no unlimited internet packages where I live.

Best regards,

Holger

Just to close out my question, Nick was right. I don’t know that running the DeleteGeneratedFiles utility even touched my Orbx files. I only needed to reinstall my aircraft and FSUIPC.

Good luck, Holger. I don’t know the answer to your issue but I’m sure the Orbx guys here will know. That’s one thing about FTX Central is it’s convenient but insulates you from your files. If you don’t get a response, it could be because they consider this somewhat closed. If that happens, you might want to start a new thread.

Archived