Extremely long loading times - OrbX TrueEarth GB

phobocop

When loading into a region with TrueEarth it is taking considerably longer than an region outside but still with the same zoom Ortho.

Some examples below just with the default Cessna.

EGNT w/ Ortho - Load time : 1min 37s

EGCC w/ Ortho - Load time : 2min 43s

EGBB w/ TrueEarth - Load time : 4min 52s

EGLC w/ True Earth - Load time : 6min 31s

Is anyone else experiencing load times as long as these, I'm just not sure if it's normal or not? I have searched but cannot find any topics specifically on loading times.

Thanks

The amount of unique detail in TE GB will mean it will take longer to load. It will also depend on how much extra bespoke detail is included at the startup position. I understand about a one degree (lat/long) area is initial loaded. Are you using a conventional hard drive or a SSD?

Yes, this will depend greatly on your starting location as well as if you have other scenery in the area (even if it's blocked, e.g. GB Pro or x-Europe). Also, having this on an SSD will make a difference. There is a lot being loaded (millions of trees, buildings etc).

Average load times for me with an SSD are 2-3 minutes.

Hi all,

Same load time here, 2-3 minutes, starting at Liverpool, default Xplane 11 version. I'm not complaining but wondering if we then add in Central and North UK will it take up to 10 minutes before its usable? I don't know if XP loads all scenery in the Custom folder or just an area around you're starting location. Anyway enjoying it so far.

John.

EGGP with both south and central installed is fairly quick for me, around 3 minutes. When X-Plane loads, it will load the full 1x1 tile you are on as well as the surrounding ones, so if the entire area has lots of detail, then loading times will increase. For Liverpool, it will also load Manchester, but it will also go in the other direction which is North Wales and the sea.

Either way, this is really not something we have any control over apart from taking out lots of detail which is not what the product is about. We can't control how much of the scenery is loaded and when, but factors that can make it quicker is to make sure than any scenery you also have in the area that won't be used (e.g. GB Pro, xEurope) is disabled.

Archived