Extreme levels off CPU usage when converting files on TrueEarth England for xplane11

Not sure if this is meant to be or a bug you guys havnt realised yet, but I'm noticed high peaks in cpu usage, I have a geforce gtx1060 6gb off vram and its lowest cpu is at around 50-60% and can even get to 100% It's installing properly but I feel people with less cpu then me will possibly crash or extremley struggle with the installation! As in the gtx690 has 3gb off ram? So if my vram is 6gb and its lowest averaging was technically half then the gtx960 is at full at it's lowest stress peak... Like I said I'm managing to install it well but for lower cpu usage it might be a hassle for people! Please consider this!

9 hours ago, W2DR said:

The GTX1060 has nothing to do with CPU usage. The installer is using the 6700K CPU not the GTX1060 GPU. High CPU usage is normal.......Doug

So what components affiliate with cpu usage? I always thought it was your graphics card... Either way that still doesnt beat the point that I'm getting rediciulously high CPU usage when conveting the files...

Hi,

GPU - Graphics/Video Card. (eg GTX1080)

CPU - Processor (eg Intel i7-8700k)

The installer/converter is using a high percentage of the CPU because it has a big job to do, converting many files in as short a space of time as possible.  It will not use more CPU power than users have, so that is not a problem.

Cheers,

4 hours ago, Scott Harmes said:

Hi,

GPU - Graphics/Video Card. (eg GTX1080)

CPU - Processor (eg Intel i7-8700k)

The installer/converter is using a high percentage of the CPU because it has a big job to do, converting many files in as short a space of time as possible.  It will not use more CPU power than users have, so that is not a problem.

Cheers,

Ahh, thanks for the tip! so my proccessor is a bit off a wossy in my games sometimes...

Archived