Blue Squares

Matt Piotrowski

• 4 weeks later...

I believe I tried this back in August, but I am going to try again, but, I have a few questions. 

I found the active terrain.cfg file, no problem, however, \ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work  doesn't exist so I can't find the backup copy of the terrain.cfg file.  In the thread you pointed me to above there is a terrain.cfg link if you can't find the backup copy.  I noticed the post was from 2014.  Will this terrain.cfg work with P3D 4.3? 

You are welcome.

Please apply the below process.

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Some of the scenery cannot be deactivated because it was installed using the Lorby Addon Organizer.  I unchecked and deactivated the other addons and rechecked and it did not work.  I think it's time for bed for me but if you have any other suggestions, I'll try them tomorrow.

Maybe run the “Verify Files” option for both the Orbx Libraries and FTX Global base from within the product box in FTXC3. Then rerun the “Force Migration” again.

Then go to your ORBX\Trouble Shooter folder and run the “Migrationtroubleshooter.exe”

Performed suggested operations per your last posting.  Verified files in both Orbx Libraries and FTX Global base, performed "force migration" and ran the “Migrationtroubleshooter.exe”.  Didn't change anything. 

This test flight is out of KSLC departing rwy 34R climbing over the mountain range NW of airport.

Screenshot (5).png

2018-11-14_15-37-31-426.jpg

An assumption on my part that the two were related.  Sorry.  So, the solution is either to buy the FTX Regions or fly a month before or after the current month you're flying in.  Thanks for pointing me to the answer to this.

Now, the bad news, at least for me.  I decided to check for the blue squares by flying out of KBOI and turning SW on departure and flying until you are above some high hills.  This is where I saw the blue squares before (post #6 above).  They are still there, even after all the tweaking and changing you suggested for me to do.  So, I still have the blue square problem.

Flight simming with addons is a perfect example of the 2nd law of thermodynamics in action!

Ya, it's a fun hobby eh!?

We have confirmed that your FTX Global base product is installed correctly with all the required files, so it would seem that the answer lies somewhere else, I don't have any other suggestions at this time other than to reinstall the sim and start clean. Although it appears you have deactivated the other addons in previous tests, it still may also be a contributing factor.

Archived