P3dv4 no objectflow

Hi all,

now I've installed the Vernonia and Jefferson airports on top of PNW and have no objectflow at all, so there is not so much scenery.

The KHQM scenery looks as it should. 

And I couldn't find any objectflow.dll to load in the OrbxLibs, but there is one Orbx_Objectflow64.dll in the FTX Central Folder,

but it's not loaded in dll.xml. There is no entry in dll.xml at all at this moment.

So how does the objectflow work in P3dv4? It's not the same as in V3 or is it? In my P3dv3 it works. 

Cheers

Andreas

Hi Nick,

in FTX Central there is checked a box "use ObjectFlow 2". In the menu I can find "Options - Add-ons" and there is nothing in.

It says "no addons selected" and there is no way to activate something from there.

Cheers

Andreas

Hello

if the user account name has a special character in it, this can disable the xml file.

Can you take a look in C:\Users\your name\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Orbx ObjectFlow 2

and see what is written in the add-on.xml file.

Please copy and paste it all here, leaving the "your name" section as it is on your PC.

Thanks.

Seems to work now. There is some confusion because FTX Central sits in the "others" account and not in "my name".

Running it as administrator caused it to create the object flow folder in "others" and I had to copy it over.

P3d asked me if it should activate the addon when starting and it shows up in the add-on menu now.

And Vernonia has a lot of grass again. :) I love this.

I assume there will be no further changes to the XML file while installing more scenery, is that right?

So this is solved, thank you very much Nick.

This p3dv4 runs like hell, incredible. 30 - 70 frames over PNW with high settings, autogen all on very dense 

And very little load on the machine, the cpu is at 50 degrees. I cannot believe it.

Happy flying

Andreas

Archived