First pics!! YMML Melbourne International 2010 V2.0 - 7cm resolution

Purty.

Having previously paid $53.96 for YMML as an early supporter (I rarely visit YMML due to fps issues), it will be very  interesting to see the FPS improvement and the ticket price of this one.

Trust me, we won't release anything that does not perform substantially better, and of course the upgrade cost to existing YMML customers will be small, very small really. We're not here to exploit those who are our most ardent supporters.

A closer look at this beautiful imagery. To see it in its native 7cm resolution, save the attached JPEG image to your desktop and open it with Windows Imager Viewer, or use the Zoom icon in the forum image viewer.

post-1-130204080483_thumb.jpg

Re: "We're not here to exploit those who are our most ardent supporters."

I don't doubt your integrity John, you always stand behind your word with these products, I guess I was just venting a bit.... YMML was a bit of a sore spot for some of us, and I held my tongue for the most part...

To use a really shoddy metaphor:

Rather than provide a bandaid for our briused elbows it looks like you are giving us a whole new arm complete with titanium ectoskeleton and Million dollar man capabilities.

Looks great. ;)

Guest J van E

It's looking great: I can hardly see what is 'in' the texture and what is 3D! (There ARE 3D-buldings on the pictures, right...?) BTW I suppose the planes will be removed from the textures?

I always thought that there is a fine line between Virtual Reality and Reality. That line can only be crossed when you go to the other side. It's just a matter of how close you can get to that line from one side!. It looks like the line is getting verrrrry close from the Sim side! And the other side too!

Purty.

Having previously paid $53.96 for YMML as an early supporter (I rarely visit YMML due to fps issues), it will be very  interesting to see the FPS improvement and the ticket price of this one.

Trust me, we won't release anything that does not perform substantially better, and of course the upgrade cost to existing YMML customers will be small, very small really. We're not here to exploit those who are our most ardent supporters.

A closer look at this beautiful imagery. To see it in its native 7cm resolution, save the attached JPEG image to your desktop and open it with Windows Imager Viewer, or use the Zoom icon in the forum image viewer.

Cost won't be an issue wioth me but performance will, won't stop me buying it to see, as current version is usable if you confgure things right, stil lpictures look great and I can see what u mean from the JPG download.  By the way, anyone wnat a Taxi?  plenty their waiting!

Really liking the look of the reworked YMML, the screenshots look great so I an only imagine how good it looks to fly around.  :)

I recently got YMML in the FSS sale thinking what the heck at least I'll have it for when I upgrade, from the sounds of your post John I will be able enjoy it much sooner than I thought. Great news about the small upgrade price, much appreciated.

Keep up the great work.  ;)

Looks gorgeous, but I hate to think about the abysmal slide-show this would be.... :o

Perhaps you should read John's posts a little more carefully...  ;)

Trust me, we won't release anything that does not perform substantially better

Perhaps, we will have to wait and see...

Sorry I thought you had already decided it would be "abysmal slide-show"? Never mind.  ::)

Alainneedle  Is that real footage or the sim? Looks like actual footage. If it is the sim, did you video it from your computer? Is it Orbx, and did you video it on your computer? Thanks

Naaaa! not from me, I wish my rid was that good, I saw it on youtube, I think it's fake, don't know how they did it but if this is from somebody'sw computer with Orbx.....well they have a super computer....I don't know any regular computer with the latest hardware available who will be able to render that king of perf......so my guess is this is from somebody having access to a very powerfull computer (like a super computer) and be able to use it to to play with FSX but I can be wrong.......

Purty.

I am glad to hear it, for I did buy YMML primarily to help the cause at the time. Looks like very good work.

Stephen

Archived