David Brettle

David Brettle

I am a new item. I suffer a stroke 18 months ago. i am ok internaly but hve trble with external things. I was brought up in computer enviro. I am 68 yr old and ret.

My computer is a  HP Compaq with an amd athlon X2 and a nvidia card.

The problem is the mach had a few years ago Microsoft Flight Simulator deluxe edition. and ran brisbane ybbn your upgrade usng Ftx central all ok.

i took it of & upgraded to win 7.  I decided to put Flight sim back on. it worked ok so i when to orbx saw the bris airports you have now so i downloaded then in ftx central.The old prev won worked good.

I then put them in and terrible-- ground and taxiways come too poor. big black patches come out in water, and water appears ground and mountains.

I am loading Global Base pack-- orbx libraries---ybbn brisbane--- ihave to aust scenes.

I have it workingh befoke time but not this time.  i hope u can help

i only have left hand working and left leg so do apolagise--ihope you can help

I dont know what to do to upload files-- tell me what to do and shall make it happen

Hi David,

You can go to a picture hosting website such as Imgur, or there are many others.  I use Imgur, so I will recommend that one.

https://imgur.com/

On the top left of the screen you will see a tab/button saying "New Post".  Click on this.

A new screen will appear, and to upload your pictures you can either drag them on to the window, or you can use the browse function to search your PC for them.

You can optionally give your post a title, which is handy if you are uploading a bunch of pics, as you can search for the group of pics later on.

On the top left of each image you upload you will see a code and a drop down arrow.  Move your mouse cursor over the drop down arrow and then select "get share links".

Copy the code under "BBCode (Forums)" and then paste this code in to the forum.  Your picture will then appear on the forum.

You can also select a group of pictures you have uploaded by going to your username on the top right of the screen and selecting "images".

From here you can select a group of pictures you have uploaded and then get codes for them all with a few clicks.  Just copy all the codes and paste them in tothe forum and all the selected pics will appear.

B45XUZ1.jpg

pNichf6.jpg

E6O2OHy.jpg

Cheers,

1 hour ago, David Brettle said:

thkyou so much ill get the photos to u as soon as poss.

Hi David,

I have downloaded the images you posted above, so no need to repost those.  The info above is just for your information going forward.

You might also find it easier and quicker to upload any images if you first convert them to jpg format using Windows paint or something similar.  BMP images are fairly large in comparison to JPG images.

I will look in to your issue.

Cheers,

Hello David,

I think that one of your problems is that you have not yet installed the two FSX service packs,

SP1 and SP2, without these, Orbx products cannot work as intended.

If you don't have the service packs backed up anywhere, you can still get SP1 from here and SP2

from Microsoft from here.

Once you have done that, things will improve and even more so if you tick the Antialiasing box

and the Land detail textures box.

Gday Bob

Still one it is asking for--I let it have it for the session--i think it will be ok to let it have it all the time.

the other ones appear ok but im going to shut down and see who it goes in the morn.

I think i will take orbx out and then  put back in in morn.

if its not two much trbe could put down what it expects from hardware simulator settings.

i think we are close so muchly tku.

Thanks Dave ill let u know tomorrow 

Archived