PNW mesh and FS Genisis mesh US 10m-Can 19m

marshkop

Good evening my Aussi flight friends.

I know that PNW has 10m Hogermesh, im just wondering if FS Genisis US and Can will affect Holgers mesh. I bought the US FS Genisis and its simply amazing. I want to buy Can version but before i spend my money, id like to know.

Hi guys,

Christian is correct: since the FTX PNW mesh and FS Genesis or FS Global are compiled at the same resolution it's just a matter of making sure that the PNW scenery library entries have higher display priority. Our mesh files end at the coverage area boundary and you'll have a seamless transition to whatever third-party add-on you've got installed.

Cheers, Holger

I recently bought and installed FSG, but noticed that it seemed to create plateaus around many airports...  So I uninstalled it.  Has anyone else experienced the plateau problem?  I'd love to have it for PNW when PNW is released.

~PFS

Hello PFS,

FTX PNW includes 10-m mesh files for the US (for Canada it's 19m because the source data are at 25-m resolution) so there's no need to add any other mesh files for PNW.

For areas outside PNW the current version of the FSGenesis mesh does correct for plateaus and trenches but possibly only at larger airports. For the 450+ airfields in the PNW area we painstakenly used sloped flatten files and other means to minimize elevation issues.

Cheers, Holger

Holger is right, the FSGenisis US 10m V2 is out and it dealt with the issue of plateaus around all major airports and Can 19m V2 is comming out later this year to deal with the same issue.

PFS I really like the Genisis project and i dont like the plateau issue either, however, for the 5 minutes looking at the airport and the rest of the time looking at say the mountains of Colorado or Grand Canyon or the Rockies I can live with the issue.

Holger is there anyway we can get 10m mesh for Austrailia, or is there no source data?

Thanks for the replies, guys.  The FSG disks I got were "V2", and I remember reading beforehand that V2 would correct some plateau issues.  I'll visit a few major airports in the US and verify that there aren't any plateaus.  Then I'll reinstall FSG and revisit those same airports to recheck for any plateaus.  You make a great point about the "5 minutes looking at the airport," marshkop, and contrasting that with the great terrain mesh views everywhere else.  Again, thanks guys. 

Archived