P3D v4.3 CTD in New Zealand!

I bought countless products from your company, including all about New Zealand (and look forward to the release of the next airport). How much I like this country!
But sadly - I just play P3D and go to any airport in New Zealand, CTD! After reading all the scenes and textures...etc.(P3D v4 CTD every airport in New Zealand.)
Some questions have been raised in your company forum (New Zealand new install and CTD issue), But in the end there is no conclusion! I had to put these scenes in the refrigerator first...
Do you have any ideas or suggestions?
I am running P3D v4.3, the installation scenario (only your company's products, no other) as follows:
FTX Global BASE Pack
FTX Global VECTOR
FTX Global Trees HD
NZ North Island
NZ South Island
NZMF Milford Sound Airport
NZQN Queenstown Airport
NZWR Whangarei Airport

1 hour ago, Howard Chiu said:

Any comments or information can help me?

If you have installed your scenery and the insertion points match Nick's guide,

Check at the bottom of your scenery.cfg that the Default Scenery and Terrain are there.

Have you only had P3Dv4.3 not P3Dv4.2 ?

FTXCentral Insertion Point Tool.jpg

I am another waiting for someone to discover the solution to this problem. :)

I was hoping unloading, downloading and installing the P3D v4.3 'Scenery' component would help fix it but it does not. I also get the same crash heading towards NZ from Australia at about 155E

(Yes, I do have crash detection OFF)

Good luck and please let the Forum know the solution.

Aussie 

16 hours ago, Smudger said:

If you have installed your scenery and the insertion points match Nick's guide,

Check at the bottom of your scenery.cfg that the Default Scenery and Terrain are there.

Have you only had P3Dv4.3 not P3Dv4.2 ?

Hello Smudger! First of all, thank you for your patience.

In my hard drive for simulation flight, I only installed P3D v4.3.

I use the "Scenery Config Editor" to organize and edit my scenery list and priority reading order; I will not (also check) accidentally delete any Default Scenery and Terrain scenes.

About the "Nick's guide", I am trying..., I think - there is an answer in a few minutes!

I tried the suggestion about Nick's guide, and according to your attached figures, the order of the scenes made adjustments ...... no function!

5 hours ago, Smudger said:

Aussie and Howard,

when I upgraded to P3Dv4.3 I encountered problems, which cleared when I updated the P3D Client back to v4.2.

Ok! I will try it now...
You are still thinking about ways for us, thank you very much!

Just trying again and again between versions, that doesn't work for me! ......

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

FYI. Just thought I would report that I can now finally fly again in New Zealand East of 155E.

I had tried every suggested un-install and re-install including every NZ scenery package that I had, AU AI Aircraft plus P3D Content and Scenery.

Nothing worked. CTD in NZ every time.

I had put off deleting all of the P3D generated files as re-building the config is a pain. However, after reading Poppet's post the other day over at the P3d Forum I bit the bullet and did it.

Too easy.

Just remember to take a reference screenshot of each of your Options pages. Makes it easier to reset all of the sliders.

Anyhow, New Zealand has now returned. :)

Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6306&t=127589&start=15#p186201

Archived