Re-install Stuck on Vector?

paulrunge

I have FSXSE and all ORBX and Aircraft installed on a dedicated (D:\) drive.  Currently rebuilding whole install, but there is 720G of free space (C:\ is 220G free).  FTX Global Base installed fine and working.  This is Step #2 of many to get ORBX scenery re-installed.

Okay.  I have started over again by manually deleting all my ORBX scenery.  I have tried to begin the replacement by downloading Objects first, then Global, then Vector, and onward.  I cannot complete a download of anything for either FSXSE or PREPAR3D V4.  Attached is the most recent Download Error message.993387533_VectorInstallfail.thumb.JPG.9de413b6a365fe1e426b8cefb01a0c7e.JPG

Vector Install fail.JPG

Thanks Nick.  Not sure I was able to execute the TEMP/TMP moves suggested correctly.  Can you tell me what is the needed amount of C:\ disk space needed to easily run the installs?  Looks like I actually only have about 20G of 350G available.

Thanks for bearing with me on this one!

Paul

Okay.  As you suspected the issue has been inadequate available space on my rather skinny 250G SSD C:\ drive.  So I replaced FTX Central with the beta version that allows you to redirect the Orbx Temp file to another roomier HDD.  Worked perfectly.

Thanks for helping to figure this out Nick.  Might make sense to build that option into the next release of FTX Central as I can't believe I am the only one who has had SSD space issues?

Archived