Outdated airfield in Orbx Norcal

Dean33

Hi

I’m not sure if this is an error or me misunderstanding scenery. 

Im using Orbx Ftx Norcal. 

At Medford KMFR. the charts show just one runway - the  crossing runway 09/27 having been closed years ago. 

The scenery is showing the runway as still live.  Is this correct or have I done something wrong?

i triedinstalling the FSAerodata update but the didn’t make any physical difference. 

Am I expecting too much of Orbx at Medford?

is FSAerodata of any use with Orbx or is it unnecessary in ‘the regions’. 

Thanks. 

Dean

Hi Dean,

My explanation for this would be that there was only a short period between the time the runway for KMFR was closed and the scenery was created.  According to Google Earth the runway closed late 2011 or early 2012.  The date of the ADEX file for KMFR for ORBX NorCal is early 2014.  It is entirely possible the majority of the work for the airport file was completed in 2013, and it is also possible that the chart and/or imagery that was used for reference was a few years old.

The airports made for regions are an update from the default airports, but they are not replicated to the same degree as individual payware airports.

I have not used FS Aerodata so I really can't comment on that.

Cheers,

Hello,

also the airport data almost certainly dates from FSX, that is before 2006.

If you wish such things to be corrected, the Airport Design Editor will allow you

to add and remove runways and if you wish, mark them as closed.

As Scott says, the airports in a region are "tidied up" and made to look as much like

the real thing as possible but they are not studied and replicated, as are the payware ones.

Archived