Graphic problems at ENNK and LSGK

noels7

Hi

I noticed today that I was experiencing graphic problem at ENNK and LSGK.

I uninstalled and reinstalled both airports, however problem remains. I have checked

ENJA ,ESSA , KTEX, NZWR, NZMF ,NZQN and numerous Australian airports.

None of these airports have graphic problems.

Attachments 1 depicts black squares in scenery.

Attachment 2 depicts graphic distortion with objects that are moving (assume vehicles).

Attachment 3 depicts graphic distortion (all black hill with area of grey hill with water tower attached to it).

I have also uninstalled Global,Vectors, Europe, Norway, Trees HD and reinstalled all. Problems remained 

Any advice/assistance to fix these errors would be appreciated.

Noel Southam

noels7

Untitled 1.jpg

Untitled 2.jpg

Untitled 3.jpg

Hi Nick

Object flow is checked in FTX Central and the latest Libraries are installed but 

there is no item Objectflow  in the P3D add-ons menu to check.

Orbx_ObjectFlow_x64_PRE43.dll dated 12 Aug 2018 is present in C:\Users\Noel\AppData\Local\Orbx\FTXCentral\v3.3.0.6.

I deleted terrain.cfg from C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin and restarted P3D V4.3  problem remains.

Started FTX Central, allowed activating Orbx scenery, closed FTX Central , restarted P3D V4.3 problem remains.

Noel

noels7

11 minutes ago, noels7 said:

Object flow is checked in FTX Central and the latest Libraries are installed but 

there is no item Objectflow  in the P3D add-ons menu to check.

Orbx_ObjectFlow_x64_PRE43.dll dated 12 Aug 2018 is present in C:\Users\Noel\AppData\Local\Orbx\FTXCentral\v3.3.0.6.

Do you have C:\Users\your name\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Orbx ObjectFlow 2\add-on.xml and

if you do, can you post its contents please, you can open it with Notepad.

Yes I do and contents are:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<SimBase.Document id="add-on" version="4,0" Type="AddOnXml">

<AddOn.Name>Orbx ObjectFlow 2</AddOn.Name>

<AddOn.Description>Allows Orbx scenery to display dynamic content.</AddOn.Description>

-<AddOn.Component>

<Category>DLL</Category>

<Path>C:\Users\Noel\AppData\Local\Orbx\FTXCentral\v3.3.0.6\Orbx_ObjectFlow_x64.dll</Path>

<DLLStartName>module_init</DLLStartName>

<DLLStopName>module_deinit</DLLStopName>

</AddOn.Component>

</SimBase.Document>

add-on.xml

Please try this.

Go to C:\Users\Noel\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 and

rename the add-ons.cfg file.

If the only entry in there is the objectflow one, you can delete it.

Run FTX Central for P3D v4 and wait until it has finished "activating Orbx scenery".

Check that the Objectflow box on the settings page is ticked and that you have clicked on Save.

Run P3d v4.3 and open the add-ons menu.

If there is now an objectflow menu item, make sure that it is also ticked.

If it is not, tick it and restart the simulator.

Hi Nick

Your messages got out of sync. I have re placed dll and problem remained.

Your last message:

Apologies for delay    renamed add-ons.cfg to add-ons.cfg.xxx  Object flow in config was:

[Package.6]
PATH=C:\Users\Noel\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Orbx ObjectFlow 2
ACTIVE=false   ***************
REQUIRED=false

Run FTX Central for P3D v4 and wait until it has finished "activating Orbx scenery".

Check that the Objectflow box on the settings page is ticked and that you have clicked on Save. Done

Run P3D new add-ons.cfg produced with object flow is:

[Package.2]
ACTIVE=true   ******************
REQUIRED=false

Looks like the original cfg file might have been corrupted?  Still no object flow in Addons menu of P3D.

Graphic problem in ENNK has gone -all ok.

Now LSGK:  Graphic anomaly still there.  Any suggestions?

Noel

Untitled.jpg

Nick

It appears I have misled you in that : "Run P3d v4.3 and open the add-ons menu."

Being dumb I thought you referring to the addon page in the menu when P3D is fully loaded with reference to object flow.

On starting P3D and on Scenario page I noticed (old age is my excuse) addons tab , opened it and object flow is indeed in there and checked.

My apologies for wasting your time on this aspect of the problems I was experiencing. However LSGK problem remains.

Noel Southam

noels7

Hello,

the anomaly at Saanen is not really an anomaly.

If you start P3D and on the settings page untick

"Dynamic 3D autogen vegetation" and restart P3D,

you will no longer see the odd looking trees in your screen shot.

Untitled.jpg

Like this

2.jpg

Then you should raise the  vegetation autogen density until the hillside is covered

in trees, as the designer intended

1.jpg

and as it is in the real world.

3.jpg

Also, I see that the problem with objectflow was that it was indeed switched off in

the P3D add-ons menu.

[Package.6]
ACTIVE=false   ***************
REQUIRED=false

[Package.2]
ACTIVE=true   ******************
REQUIRED=false

In the light of this, I would sugget that you delete the new add-ons.cfg file, restore your original and simply

either revisit the add-ons menu and tick the objectflow box, remembering that there is no effect until after

a restart, or edit the text thus:

[Package.6]
ACTIVE=true   ***************
REQUIRED=false

In this way, you will not lose the entries for packages 1 to 5.

Hi Nick 

I wish you were able to get back sooner with your last post because of numerous problems now

being experienced.

1. Dynamic 3D autogen vegetation is always switched off in my P3D.

2  Raised the  vegetation autogen density from very dense  to extremely dense. Graphics now as should be. 

3. Any further attempt to start P3D and then LSGK  graphics returns to the original fault.

4. Reverting back to very dense density fault disappears. Reverting back then to extremely dense  fault does not appear. 

Manipulating very dense and extremely dense while P3D is running  does not cause problem to reappear.

6. If I restart P3D, load LSPK with density selected prior to quitting P3D  graphic problem returns.

7. As you advised  using the original  add-ons.cfg with Object flow entry changed to true P3D will not start.

8. Removing original cfg and allowing the creation of new cfg  permits P3D to start.

9.Do I uninstall Packages 5-8 from P3D and reinstall because if I activate them in Addons menu P3D refuses to start.

I might also say that (and I monitor CPU and Memory use in P3D on a regular basis on Airports being activated) that the 

cpu and memory (average 26 and 52 respectively at LSGK). I don't recall those figures on my computer at say YMMLl and YBBN.

Will conduct further tests after current problem solved.

Noel Southam

noels7

new add-ons.cfg

original add-ons.cfg

Hello,

I would suggest that you use the working add-ons.cfg file for now.

I expect that you could install the FlyTampa products without the need to uninstall first.

Those entries should be automatically added to the add-ons.cfg file, as the others are,

when P3D is started. Perhaps they are not installed correctly.

Perhaps your autogen settings would persist if you run P3D as an administrator.

I see the rock face covered up with trees even down to the Sparse setting.

This problem is nothing to do with your Orbx airports though.

Hi Nick

Thanks for all your efforts in assisting with these problems today.

A couple of things I would like to mention.

1. P3D is always run as Administrator.

2. As I have said previously 

Manipulating very dense and extremely dense back to very dense while P3D is running  does not cause problem to reappear.

If I restart P3D, load LSPK with density selected prior to quitting P3D  graphic problem returns. This is despite options being saved  to 

C:\Users\Noel\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files as noel.cfg. On restarting P3D noel.cfg is the selected option and the graphic problem is there. Why?

3. I can only surmise that there is a corruption within P3D which hopefully will be rectified by reinstalling P3D (client, content and scenery).

4. The only other thing I can think of is that I backed up Orbx and other folders as per your tutorial prior to reinstall of Win 10 (insiders program)

and that somehow on reinstating Orbx and other folders something went amiss.

I will uninstall/reinstall P3D tomorrow and will delete Packages 5-8 from P3D and see what eventuates.

Noel

noels7

Archived