P3D4 will not start after running FTX Central

tom

Have lots of Orbx installed in P3D4.3.(All of Oceania, many US regions, Global Base, Vector, Open LC NA etc). Has all been running well until today .....I ran FTX Central to check for any updates, and whilst there ran the insertion tool, without changing any settings just to ensure everything was where it should be. Immediately thereafter, P3D hung at the startup screen.

I replaced the scenery.cfg with a backup that I had, and it all worked again. 

Concerned that this had occurred, I simply ran FTX Central again, without getting it to do anything, and same problem ..... P3D hung at startup screen.  Tried this again twice more...same result. No error messages, nothing .....just P3D won't start.  This means I cannot routinely now check FTX Central for updates etc without having to replace the scenery.cfg. 

Any thoughts on what may be amiss would be greatly appreciated.  Let me also take this opportunity to hugely thank ORBX for their contribution to our hobby, both with scenery, and their support forum ...... it all works a treat pretty well always.  Thanks and cheers guys.

Thanks for that Nick. Because everything appeared to be running well, I hadn't bothered to check the insertion point settings, which presumably had been set by FTX Central some time back. Anyhow, all's well now and many thanks....much appreciated.   Cheers.

Archived