Won't Install in FSX

I have FSX, FSX-Steam and P3Dv4.3 installed on my computer. Previously have had BASE Pack, openLC Europe,  Trees HD and VECTOR installed separately on FSX and on P3Dv4 and working beautifully when using any of the flight sim programs.

I then noticed that anomalies were occurring in FSX regarding scenery foliage. I compared the Scenery folders within both FSX and P3Dv4.3 and saw that VECTOR was missing from the FSX Scenery folder. I accessed FTX Central (v3.2.5.9) and tried to uninstall/re-install VECTOR. I selected C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/?Microsoft Flight Simulator X/ORBX as the destination file, and selected Download and Install.

It starts the usual download routine but 'hangs' with the pale orange time bar about one tenth filled and showing "0 B downloaded".

Windows 10 Professional, 64 bit water-cooled system with an nVidia GTX 1070 graphics card with 8 GB RAM onboard, 25 GB RAM, and an intel i-7 2600K at 3.4 - 3.7 GHz chip with a 500GB SSD and a dual partitioned 1 TB HHD

Hello roadrabbit,

Check in FSX/Orbx/User Documents/ Versions if there is FTX_GLOBAL_VECTOR_PACK.txt if yes delete it.

Open FTXCentral, it will show as not installed, click to reinstall, FTXCentral knows where to install, guidance is not required.

Archived