Flew to Mount Lassen, full of trees??

joebelter

I have EVERYTHING you offer in North America, as well as Europe and other regions.  I am using Prepar3d V4.3 and all display details maxed out on a 1920x1080 display, using a MSI GTX 1070, Intel 4970 cpu @4.4ghz, and 24gb ram. I have Pilot's 2018 Global Extreme as well.  I flew over Lassen National Park yesterday and found that it was covered in green trees - very little dry barren jagged areas. I used to be a private pilot and flew there plenty of times and it looked nothing like it should have, as far as barren, deserty, and high peaks should be with virtually no trees as you gain altitude. I know I was in the correct area based on GPS maps and town placement.  

Is it possible that this area is not rendered realistically?  This is on a FRESH install on Prepar3d V4.3 as well as Orbx migration verification.

Any thoughts to help me?

I LOVE your software!  (obviously - spent a FORTUNE, to my wife's chagrin..)

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe

First, please confirm the below basics.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Cheers

Doug

Here's Lassen - whole area green with trees, even on top!

All of my Libraries are up to date, I have nothing but Orbx sceneries, so nothing goes above it (Pilot's Global Extreme??).

Done a migration repair, saved everything.

Can I do a reinstall of the Orbx sceneries WITHOUT downloading them again - at least in California? I know the Lassen area is dead wrong.

Joe

Wow, this is my first time asking for support in a very very long time.  I'm REALLY impressed with your willingness to help!  Refreshing in the Flight sim world - it's typically VERY sparse to none in general across the board.

I got the update - don't see the verify files function?

Joe

Went through all of my installs and verified... all verified ok... Migration troubleshooter says all is well.  Here's the Google earth version.  It's like my Orbx Northern California stuff is not working.  Could someone fly there for me and see what they get?

google earth lassen.jpg

I will have a look soon Joe.  I will report back.

It does look as though you have an issue from the Salt lake City pic though.  I would suggest running the Verify files function for OpenLC_NA and FTX Global Base.  Check out Salt Lake City after doing that, and if it still looks the same you will need to refresh your terrain.cfg.  This will involve deleting your Terrain.cfg found in Program Data ("C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\terrain.cfg").  Running FTX Central after this will restore all the ORBX entries to the Terrain.cfg.

Cheers,

I have just had a look and it looks as if Mt Lassen is in fact done in photoreal.

PPD9eMn.jpg

Can you attach a copy of your scenery.cfg file to your next post please Joe?

"......ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\scenery.cfg"

Also have a look in your NorCal folder to see if the PR file is present.

Check ".....Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NCA06_CVX\scenery" for a file called "2_orthoimage_CA_NAIP2012_LassenPeak_1m.bgl"

Cheers,

Thanks Joe.

The Scenery.cfg file looks fine.  No issues there.  I didn't see the Global Mesh you said was installed though.  Maybe that is installed via the Addon.xml method?

If you haven't done it already, try deleting the terrain.cfg file I mentioned above.  Then run the sim so it builds a new one.  Then open FTX Central and let it run for a minute and it will automatically add all the entries that are required to the new terrain.cfg file.

If it's still not working after this, just as a test, also try disabling anything installed via the addon.xml method.  No need to uninstall anything.  Just use either the built in P3D scenery configurator or Lorby Si's P3DV4 Addon Organizer to uncheck any files which are not related to ORBX or P3D.

If it's still not working after this, go ahead and uninstall NorCal, close FTX Central, then reopen FTX Central and install NorCal fresh.

Cheers,

This is really nice of you to help!  Thank you so very much.

I installed the Pilot's FS Global 2018 FTX through the downloaded zip which included an exe file.  Should it be listed in the scenery file? Always wondered.  That's what I needed for the best mesh, yes?

I'll do the other things you suggested and report back after in a few hours.

Joe

That was it!  Reinstalling the Northern Ca did it.  Once I saw the reindexing (that took a while) I figured maybe we had it.

THANKS SO MUCH!  It's guys like you that give support a good name.

I can't thank you enough.

I really enjoyed flying over Lassen in my Hawk T1!!  :)

Joe

Awesome.  Great to hear Joe.  The Hawk is a lot of fun.  I have been flying that lately myself.

How did your Salt Lake City turn out?  Did you get that looking normal also?  Maybe a full uninstall/reinstall of OpenLC_NA will fix that too.

Cheers,

Salt Lake was fixed when I used the new beta of FTX central and did the verify files option.

That was it!  Reinstalling the Northern Ca did it.  Once I saw the reindexing (that took a while) I figured maybe we had it.

THANKS SO MUCH!  It's guys like you that give support a good name.

I can't thank you enough.

I really enjoyed flying over Lassen in my Hawk T1!!  :)

Joe

Archived